Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble using CwType ,Multiple carrier trouble  (Read 543 times)
AB1AI

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2006, 11:01:23 PM »

multiple carrier Problem using CwType, i hook up my sound card to my mic and been using cwtype ,it seemed to work fine ,i have to use it in the usb mode, one ham operator complained i had a multiple carrier problem and i stoped the qso and changed back to my straight key,the ham operator then said the problem went away. Does anyone know if interfacing your sound card to your mic input is ok ? I been using it for a week and made over 50 contacts,I just had one ham operator that told me to stop using it . Please let me know what I should check or look into. I like to buy a mfj 464 to get away from using the sound card to transmit. Any ideas out there ?
Thanks ab1ai@comcast.net
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 05:10:26 AM »

Normally interfacing the sound card to the mic jack is OK but you have some type of problem in your particular setup.

However for CW, it is more common to have a setup where the straight key jack on the radio is connected to a serial port on the computer and the computer then keys the radio.  This should get rid of your problem.
N3EF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 09:30:44 AM »

No, that is not ok for cw mode. You need to be in cw mode and use either your serial port or lpt port to key your rig. You might want to take a look at a program called CW DecoderXP. It will decode and you can send via your keyboard with it as well thru your serial or parallel port. And it's free.

http://www.amqrp.org/projects/cwdecod/cwdecod.htm

Eric
N3EF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 09:35:53 AM »

Also take a look at Winkey. With this interface, you can use one of many available keyboard programs and have your regular key/paddle hooked to it and quickly switch between methods on the fly. Can't beat it for $19 in kit form.

Eric
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: