Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PreciseRF In Business?  (Read 2874 times)
WD4MTW

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »

Is PreciseRF still in business? Their blog on their website shows a last entry of  Dec. 2011. All of their products that I've looked at are marked out of stock. I haven't been able to fine any reviews or recommendations of their products. There's no telephone number that I can find on the website or their product app notes, nor are there any authorized dealers listed. They appear to have some well made and thought out products at reasonable prices. They haven't responded to an e-mail that I sent about a week ago either. Anyone know if they're still in business?

http://preciserf.com/
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »

Interesting...they show a Spring 2012 catalog and a 2012 price sheet.
Only contact method I could find is email...The owner is a ham and his call sign is listed on the site. Maybe a email to him might give you answers.

Dan
WD4MTW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:02:11 PM »

Only in the last two to three weeks or so has there been stock available and the website updated with higher prices. Prior to that all products showed out of stock. I tried e-mailing them and only got an auto confirmation, but no reply. There was no business address listed last time I checked the website and application notes. They appear to have some very nice and well made products with a lot of thought and effort invested in the applications notes. There are no supporting reviews or mentions on this website, QRZ, or any other sources I could find on the net that anyone had actually done business with them. There were no independent references I could find besides domain registration. The Stenbock Communications production company that they're a division of and linked by the website is equally nebulous. They offer flight training videos with testimonials, but there's no videos on the website offered and little else like the PreciseRF in terms of offering an address or phone number or any other signs of an operating business as of this writing. It's either a placeholder or they still haven't finished developing the website.

I'm sure they're a legitimate business and just getting started. However, there's too many red flags at this point for me to have placed an order in my opinion. The least they could have done was to write me back. It's really a shame and their loss. I ended up ordering a return loss bridge and an in-line sampler from other sources. I ended up paying a lot more then what their products cost and theirs would have been more then sufficient. I wish them well in their venture.

W1RMS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in PreciseRF.com. I am Roger Stenbock, W1RMS of PreciseRF.com. We are indeed in business and are making our public introduction of our new products at the SEA-PAC Ham radio convention on June 1, 2, 3, 2012. This convention will be held at the Seaside Convention Center, Seaside, Oregon “The Northwest’s Largest Ham Convention – 30th Anniversary”. During the introduction, all our products will be available at a 30% discount.

We are a tiny new business ( http://preciserf.com/about/ ) but we are indeed a "brick and mortar" company. You can reach us via phone: 503-915-2490 and talk to Audrie, if needed for technical questions, she will put you in touch with one of our engineers who will contact you promptly either by phone or email. (office hours 8AM - 4:30PM Pacific time). Our contact information is available at  (http://preciserf.com/contact/ ) or contact me directly via email at ARRLW1RMS@gmail.com

We are excited to offer hams with access to low cost oscilloscopes, couplers, samplers, return loss bridges, station monitors, demodulators, and two tone test generators, to check the performance of amplifiers, transmission lines and antennas to precise levels. Visit our eStore at http://preciserf.com/

Roger W1RMS

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:28:18 PM by W1RMS » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: