The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QSO CQ100  (Read 3088 times)
KF7UPJ

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »

After getting a General ticket I was just going to start using a virtual radio via the QSO software - I have an HT for the FM bands but don't have the cash to get more equipment to support HF frequencies right now.
My question was that I know with Ham Sphere you're only talking to other people using their software, not other hams. Is it the same with the QSO software? Or do you speak with hams using traditional, actual radios as well as other users of virtual radios?
(Its not clear on the QSO site).
AB3BO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »

Amateur Radio License is required!
W8ATA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 06:23:03 PM »

A lot of hams will jump on CQ-100 and say it's not ham radio. That is true in the literal sense but it fills a purpose. You have to be licensed and submit proof to the operator of CQ-100 in Ontario. The cost is around 30+ dollars a year. For me it fills the void of being able to talk to some ham buddies around North America and beyond who can no longer have a station because of living arrangements or health. It's a VOIP, voice of internet protocol, and presents itself as a nice looking virtual transceiver on your computer monitor which you control with your mouse and listen and talk with a computer headset. You can even do CW on it. Look them on on the web to find out more.

73, Russ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: