Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED HELP! Windows CE .net 4.1  (Read 1904 times)
KJ4YZI

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:44:25 PM »

OK. so being as good as i am with PC, i have no idea what the hell is going on with this Advantech MPC-100E Windows CE .net 4.1 tablet. I cant seem to find out where the "devices" are, what drivers they need, or how to get this PCMCIA wifi card to install.. i plugged it in and the green light comes on, but it doesnt pop up asking for drivers or anything, and i cant seem to figure out a place on here like desktop windows, where i could see the unidentified driver and opt to install the driver for it. Like Device manager in desktop windows. Nor can i figure out how to get any software installed for it. For example, i am using a USB flash disk back and forth from my PC to this thing, and ive tried installing software for WinCE, didnt work, i tried Windows Mobile software, it said it instaled with errors, i tried WM/Pocket Pc programs, said installed, but when you go to run it, it says it cannot find the specified file, or it is not a valid Win CE application. I have a ARM/Xscale type with WinCE, how do i know what devices or drivers i need in this thing. Thanks for any help you can give me. Once i can figure it out, im good from then on, but i have to first KNOW what type of software to attempt to download and install.. i figured Windows CE was sort of universal, much like all programs you download for XP, also work for 2000, 98 95 etc... please help. Purpose of this adventure is for APRS mobile.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 12:10:31 PM »

Advantech MPC-100E web page
http://www.advantech.gr/products/Model_Detail.asp-model_id=1-KOVT7&PD=.htm

Win CE is different OS animal, and many OEM versions restrict some features.
It is NOT like consumer Win OS you mentioned.
For my Wyse disk less workstation, you have toggle (with utility program) to
write/install software on main hard drive (RAM).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: