Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Here--need help navigating  (Read 3596 times)
K4MFN

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:13:48 PM »

I recently regis. on this site (and sent a contribution). I have used Antiqueradios.com site for years and I am used to being able to view all my posts; here I do not see that option. I recently found a post about Gonset converters and corresp. with the poster. I found a Gonset in my "stuff" and now do not know what forum I found the fellow on  and did not get his callsign.
So, now I'm lost. An old ham trying to learn new tricks.

Harold
k4mfn
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:26:21 PM »

If you want to read all the posts from a particular yoozer, click their login ID... Should give you a summary screen of their stats, and near the bottom you'll see "view latest posts". Click that and you'll see their posts from newest through oldest. If you want to view your own posts, from any forum notice the bar toward the upper left that reads " Home / Help / Search / Profile / My Messages ". Click profile. Same deal, near the bottom you'll see where you can view your latest posts.

As for searching a specific topic like " Gonset ", click the search button and define your search parameters. Sometimes you have to play with this as the server doesn't know what you want, only what you asked for................  Tongue

Never change a password on a Friday                
K4MFN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 06:33:29 PM »

Thanks AC5UP--that helps.

Harold
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:15:39 PM »

... As for searching a specific topic like " Gonset ", click the search button and define your search parameters. Sometimes you have to play with this as the server doesn't know what you want, only what you asked for................  Tongue

What I usually do (on this and other forum sites) is use Google to search only a specific site. Much more powerful.

For example, in the Google search box, type site:eham.net gonset.

If it's a post I made, I type my callsign as one of the search parameters. Works every time.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:18:02 PM by W0BTU » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: