Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best CW Transceiver?  (Read 54602 times)
PA3DEB

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2012, 01:27:39 AM »

I am just an old grumpy CW guy full of nostalgia hihi.

We are lucky here in PA the Dutch CW rag-chew freq is 3575, I think I make 90% of my CW QSO's on this freq.

You're not the only "Grumpy" one on that freq ;-)
Another freq if you're a sideswiper-aficionado: 3566 in the evening hours

CW forever!

73 and season's greetings to all!
Kees
N4OI

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2012, 05:41:40 AM »

Are there any 100 watt, modern, DSP-IF radios being produced that are CW-only? By eliminating the more complex SSB/Data modes, would that allow a first-rate receiver with a nice QSK CW-only transmitter to be offered at a lower cost / price point?

73 ES GOD BLESS U ES URS DE KEN N4OI  Grin   
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2012, 05:52:38 AM »

Are there any 100 watt, modern, DSP-IF radios being produced that are CW-only? By eliminating the more complex SSB/Data modes, would that allow a first-rate receiver with a nice QSK CW-only transmitter to be offered at a lower cost / price point?

Does the HW-16 have a DSP-IF option? Maybe implemented in 6EA8's? :-).

I will be on the air with my HW-16 on SKN and maybe a little more too.

Tim.
N4OI

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2012, 07:34:19 AM »

Does the HW-16 have a DSP-IF option? Maybe implemented in 6EA8's? :-).

I will be on the air with my HW-16 on SKN and maybe a little more too.

Tim.

Tim -- I think the DSP-IF may have started with my TenTec Century 21 -- I saw where the Flex 6000 series is finally catching up with its direct conversion front end...

73  Grin

W9KEY

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:33 AM »

73 ES GOD BLESS U ES URS DE KEN N4OI  Grin   

Too bad the Argonaut VI is not CW-only, but I suppose the Argonaut line has always been voice and CW?
http://tentecwiki.org/lib/exe/detail.php?id=505&media=adgallery:69-79:1971-11_505.jpg

source: http://tentecwiki.org/doku.php

PA1ZP

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2012, 01:54:07 PM »

Hi Kees and others

I am not a sideswiper guy but shurely love the QSO style you have.
Maybe you will be so kind to just let a grumpy old Bug user join the party hihi
I do not have a X-tal for 3566 yet hihi.
But I think the TS590 will manage.
First I will have to find a few 12V PSU with classical transformers to get rid of a few switching supplies for the internet-modem for the wifi-router, maybe then I will have a bit of decent RX again on 80 mtrs CW.

Our nice know all and control all governement has made a law that classical lightbulbs are bad and use to much power, so half our neighbourhood is swarmed with LED lights and other HF RX killers.
If that wasn't enough to ruin RX on 80 mtrs, powerlinecomunication will finish off the rest  of my little RX that was left.

And there is not a single high end wonderrig that will get rid of this kind of QRM contamination on the AC lines in your or around your house. 

Hope to hear you soon again Kees.

73 Jos
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: