Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TYT TH-9000  (Read 2735 times)
KD5PCK

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »

Saw this on Amazon. seems like a good price, although I am sure you could pick up a similar Icom or Kenwood for a few more bucks. If these are anything like the handhelds by the same company, their manuals are a little lacking. No reviews on Amazon yet, wonder if this says something about the radio. Couldn't find any measurements on the radio, but it looks pretty compact.
Anyone have any thoughts?
http://tinyurl.com/cy2p8ac

N8EMR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:07:34 AM »

The 2m model doesnt look to be that good of a price. At approx $170 you can find some mono band radio's from the big 3 in that price range.
Where 9000 looked good was the 220mhz model, Its been running about the same price and that is a bit cheaper than its closes rival.
There is a UHF model, but not sure who is buying mono band UHF radios. Unless you needed a part 90 radio and wanted to put a few ham channels in it.
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 05:59:51 PM »

The one thing I wish this rig didn`t have is that modular mic connecter. The Jetstream has a real 8 pin threaded connecter that will work with a Kenwood mic. The TYT has gotten good reviews here on E-ham.
NE5SD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 06:49:42 AM »

Check places like universal radio or texas towers.  I saw a ft-2900r for less than $160 at places like those.

-NE5SD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: