Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Operate TS-570 with WINRAD since front end is damaged  (Read 2116 times)
GSFITZSR

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2012, 06:10:12 PM »

I recently purchased a TS-570 and during shipment the front of the unit was pushed in. The LCD is damaged and has a big bullseye in the center. The tuning knob rotates but not freely. I'm prepared to disassemble the front end and inspect for other damage, etc. Since the tuning knob is probably shot can I run this rig with software including the Kenwood version and just bypass everything on the front end?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 06:05:42 AM »

As long as nothing is shorting out, there's no reason why not. You might have to take some guesses at the baud rate to get it to talk to the computer but thats all.
KA1MDA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:06:26 PM »

It may only be a matter of simantics, but for future reference, your topic tirle is somewhat misleading. Please note that traditionally, the term "front end" refers to a receiver's (or tranceiver's) low level receive stages (typically including everything from the antenna terminal to the first IF stage). The part you are referring to is more appropriately called the FRONT PANEL.

Tom
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »

As long as nothing is shorting out, there's no reason why not. You might have to take some guesses at the baud rate to get it to talk to the computer but thats all.

Default is 9600.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »

hi,

you  can replace the encoder that is behind the main
tuning knob.

take a look at HRD ham radio deluxe, it will control the radio.

join other ts-570 fans here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TS-570/

73 james
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: