Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TROUBLE WITH THUNDERBIRD  (Read 5566 times)
N9LCD

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »

One down and one to go!

I upgraded Firefox and Thunderbird to the latest versions, 12--.  Thanks to support received from fellow hams on eHam, I finally got Firefox working.  Now the problem is Thunderbird.

With the latest version of Thunderbird, I can receive and open emails; send emails with and without attachments; open, save and print attachments.

BUT  CAN'T PRINT THE ACTUAL TEXT OF EITHER A SENT OR RECEIVED EMAIL.

I completely removed my old version of Thunderbird and installed. the "latest" version downloaded from Mozilla's website.  I didn't change any printer settings or any settings in
Thunderbird.  Now I can't print-out any emails.

QUESTION:  Has anybody else had this problem?  What's the "fix"?

Thanks & 73!

N9LCD

Windows?  Heck, when I first studied programming, we used Fortran and punch cards!
W6CD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:35:07 PM »

Other applications print ok, correct - the problem is only with Thunderbird? 
When printing from Thunderbird the same printer is selected as with other applications, correct?
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:40:18 PM »

Vince:

Yes, all other applications print properly.  I can even print pdf attachments to my email, but not the text of any email, received or sent.

I use the same printer and driver for all printing, an HP OfficeJet J5750. printer, scanner and fax.

Since my initial post, I've also noted that I can't fax documents from the "glass".

73!

N9LCD
NA7U

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »

Did you check Tools->Error Console to see if there are any messages there that might be relevant?

Are you printing from the message pull-down Other Actions or from the File menu? In the File menu what happens if you select a message then try Print Preview? What about Page Setup in the preview window?

NA7U

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 04:32:36 PM »

Also, did you try Help->Restart with Add-ons disabled?  It could be there is an add-on interfering.

KB9BVN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 12:43:06 PM »

Did you break the seal on the printer manual and read it?  Have you tried googling? Have you examined your logs? Have you considered getting a Mac, or maybe a Kindle Fire? 

Just yankin' ya! 

Look at the printer settings in Thunderbird, and make sure everything there looks like it is supposed to.  I have a feeling that Thunderbird may not be set to use your default printer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: