Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: activity levels  (Read 547 times)
K6BZ

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:23:01 PM »

I don�t know if it�s me or band conditions but in my opinion, it seems activity has increased on 40 CW in the last two weeks.  I�ve been listening on 40 CW for at least a year with the goal of copying 20-25 wpm in my head.  I could always find a few exchanges but after the rule change it seems like there�s more activity.  Right now, near sundown I look at the display on my 756 pro2 and it looks almost like a contest weekend.  No agenda here, just my observations and wondering if anyone else notices the same.
K6BZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 04:28:03 PM »

"I don�t know if it�s"

Get this stuff fixed and maybe I'll subscribe again.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 04:37:35 PM »

I think it's mostly that propagation on the higher bands isn't very good.  40m is often the highest frequency band that's actually "open," with serious propagation -- so of course it seems crowded, this is where we all are!

WB2WIK/6
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »

K6BZ, what OS and browser are you using?

The apostrophe and everything else works okay for me, using Windows 2003 Pro, Windows 2000 and Windows XP...and either Netscape or Explorer for browsers...I suspect you're using some configuration I haven't tried.
MARKY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 06:34:13 PM »

Doesn't show properly in Safari.   I should also comment that I can't access any of the content at eham.net using w3m which is a text browser.

Marc
WR8D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 07:08:22 PM »

Steven, i've been doing the same as you and 40 is crowded which is great. 75 was real busy last nite also. Since last Christmas i've had "piles" of qsos with folks that just got back into cw because of all the bitching going on. That's one of the reasons i've worked only cw and the digital modes in over a year and a half now. The old amateur spirit and gentlemen are on the digital modes and cw. If i wanted to sound like a cber on a cobra with an echo box inline i'd get on the phone bands. "hi hi". 73 John WR8D
KC8VWM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »

"I don�t know if it�s"

---------------

Incidentally the above is caused by poor line conditions.

Sometimes error correction is not set up correctly in the network communication software and data packets can become corrupted. This is when these weird characters appear in the text as noted above.

It can be especially prominent when you are using a slower dial up connection.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: