The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High speed Morse on 4.005 MHz?  (Read 4577 times)
NS6Y_

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:49:43 PM »

What's the deal? Listen to 4.005 and there it is......
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 03:47:50 PM »

Considering that 4.005 is a military allocation, it could be anything military / State Department / US Government related.

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
NS6Y_

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 07:06:29 PM »

hehe thanks, soon as I get a PC-type computer, I may be able to decode it..... it's FAST.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 04:07:51 PM »

I doubt it. It is most likely encrypted. Virtually everything from both State and the military is.

Good luck trying, though. Smiley

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »

I don't know whart it is, but it isn't Morse.  I have CWGet which is a remarkably able program that will copy up to 99.99 WPM. Ran the signal up and got gibberish. I figured it was most likely some sort of digital signal so I ran it on MultiPSK and none of the decoders gave me anything that looked like intelligence. I vote for some sort of encryption.

Clint - W5CPT
NS6Y_

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:37:52 PM »

Wow it actually sounds like really fast Morse ..... (goes over to radio, tunes to 4005kc) wow 2 diff. stns exchanging that stuff, not local-sounding like the one before.....

cool!
W5HTW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 06:52:03 PM »

Plain old encrypted RTTY.  This, though, is 850 hertz spacing, which is why it sounds like two stations.  It is encrypted, no chance at all of receiving anything but garbage if you use a RTTY program to monitor it.  You can, however, view it on a RTTY scope and see exactly what it is.  

Military or other government, not necessarily the US government, but possibly from Mexico.  Reason I say that is most of our stuff is 170 hertz shift these days.

This could be maritime, but being encrypted that isn't very likely.

Enjoy
ed
NS6Y_

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 01:06:36 AM »

ahh, OK, it sounds soooooo musical too lol. Teedleeeleleleleelleeee......
W5HTW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 07:48:45 AM »

Yep.  Always loved the sound of RTTY!  

Ed
KD0TSY

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 08:09:07 PM »

If you are just deadly curious, you could broadcast music there and see which alphabet agency shows up to arrest you, but be warned, curiosity jailed the cat
kd0tsy
FYI another forum identified it as broad encryped FSK
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:11:08 PM by KD0TSY » Logged
OZ8AGB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 03:36:51 AM »

Even satellites use slow RTTY - well according to various american movies...  Grin
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 07:08:38 AM »

Even satellites use slow RTTY - well according to various american movies...  Grin

Either RTTY or Amtor mode A.  Smiley
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 05:52:23 PM »

Way to go USA! A forum that allows 10 year old no longer relevant posts to be replied to, but, if you make your own post you cannot edit it even a few minutes later. It's quite a lame system the eHam forum uses, e.g. the forums would be way better if we could put a thumbs up on posts, and edit them. But the moderators are at least not as dictatorial and politically incorrect as the QRZ forums which won't even allow you to close your account but are all too happy to lock out those who are the victims of online stalkers while allowing those stalkers free reign. It's a shame QRZ is the "go to" for most hams to put up your bio, given their lack of accountability to their free members. There is always qrz.ru as an alternative, but it is of course in Russian.

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: