Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multipsk  (Read 458 times)
N2NXZ

Ignore
« on: March 28, 2007, 08:43:36 AM »

I had been a fan of a program called Multipsk.It is a great tool for receiving much of he common data comms in the radio spectrum.My question is:Would it be a bad thing to use this program for CW RX/TX on the HF bands?I understand that its basically the, "Easy way out".But these days,easier is ok by me.Just wondered if it is legal to use in the USA?I find this program to actually help me learn CW in words rather than by letters.I can send CW like the wind,but receiving is a bit tougher. Jim  N2NXZ
WQ3T

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 10:38:37 AM »

Those programs work by sending an audio tone on SSB. This can cause spurious emissions depending on your filters and quality of your radio. You said you like to send, so keep sending code the old-fashioned way and use the computer to help you copy. I don't see any legal problems with it. There are some very bad fists your computer won't be able to copy.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 06:54:40 PM »

Many of these programs can also send CW by an interface to the straight key jack and using CW mode.  This avoids the potential for signal quality issues that may occur by feeding a tone into SSB.
N2NXZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:13:31 PM »

Probably a good idea to send with a keyer and use the prog to receive until I get used to reading code better.Thanks for the input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: