Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kenwood TS-570s  (Read 1464 times)
N0CIC

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2012, 02:44:44 PM »

Is there a easy way to switch from lefthand to right hand cw using the same key or bug?
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »

We used to do this in the Navy whenever a left-handed operator needed to use a bug:  simply extend the left arm OVER the bug and the hand motions come pretty naturally.  This assumes that the lefty has  used a real left-handed bug before, and knows the code perfectly well.

One of the Radiomen on my ship actually built a wooden armrest that fit over the bug so he could put some weight on it; worked well for him.

Still, the real answer would be to buy a left-handed bug.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:03:14 PM »

If you mean "paddle" (not "bug"), I think there's a TS-570 menu option that reverses the "dit" and "dah" paddles.  I don't have a manual, though.

Otherwise, the previous suggestion works -- point the paddles _away_ from you, and reach over the body of the paddle to use them.

Charles
N0CIC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »

Thanks for the replys, we reversed the wires on the bottom of the paddles could not find a program function to reverse it in the radio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: