Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem installing USB drivers for IC-9100  (Read 2534 times)
AB2UI

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2012, 07:56:18 PM »

When I attempt to install either the drivers located on the CD from Icom or the ones I downloaded directly from Icom, once installed when I power on the radio I get an "Unknown Device" error.  I have tried installing/uninstalling the drivers numerous times and nothing seems to work.  Anyone have any ideas?

Adam

NM3G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:42:07 AM »

Just the usual questions such as:

Operating system?

Did you follow Icom's instructions, or did you let microsoft lead you astray (meaning did you let windows attempt to perform the "standard" driver installation)?

Did you completely remove all traces of the driver before attempting a reinstallation?

Rick
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 03:39:47 AM »

Sometimes you will have to take charge and direct where the driver has to be kept in your computer. Icom should give you directions, or maybe the installation disc will have all the necessary install data.

EDIT: I googled your problem and others have made comments on other forums.
TRY and UNinstall the driver and UNplug the USB from the radio to your computer.
REinstall the driver from ICOM and THEN plug the USB into the computer and turn on the radio.

Sadly, one forum had the OP claiming he fixed "The Unkown Device" problem but didn't mention what he did.
MAYBE it was the above sentences about UNplugging the USB cable and REinstall the driver, etc etc.
Let us know what happens.
Fred
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:46:55 AM by KC4MOP » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: