Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hustler BTV5  (Read 1009 times)
K2GRP

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »

Got another question regarding the Hustler BTV5 don't know if it's critical or not. The instruction book "displays" the bottom connection where the feedline attaches, some distance up the mounting pole.Does it matter much or could/should it be located closer to Terra Firma, you know, the dirt or grass? I realize that if you're gonna have that radial plate and/or the "pricy" choke thingamabob or the swivel base arrangement, your gonna need space for them critters but what if you don't, does it then matter much?
N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »

I did not look at the manual to verify the height you suggest. But my 6 BVT is roughly inch and a half off the ground. I made my own radial attachment device it set's about the same distance off the ground. I also have my ground there and my static discharge on it. The Unun is located about 3 inches away on a fiberglass post. Only reason i used that was i had it in the junk pile. My actual ground system is a whole other story. But that's not important here as it most likely WAY over kill  Grin But just used what i had and system works well.
K2GRP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 03:02:10 AM »

Hi, Thanks for the reply.I was just curious whether or not it made any significant difference how far up the "mounting pole" the mast assy was placed. When I look at the pix's on pgs 32 & 34 of the manual it shows it (bottom of the "u" shaped mast bracket) being approx 8 inches up off the ground. That of course is if you have all that "stuff" (radial plate,tilt mechanism,choke etc) located in that space!My friend, like you, has his about an inch off the grass.Must not make a heck of a lot of difference.In keeping with a low profile in this case I guess I'll put mine as close to the grass as possible & see how I make out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: