Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So is this the "chat section" of eHam?  (Read 1635 times)
W7UUU

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:04:32 PM »

I was a member here AGES ago (as WB7AWK - but when I changed my call sign, my original
member date was nuked and my new date entered - too bad!  I liked that I had been a member
for like 10 years here prior).

Anyway, QRZ.com has become a horribly slow site - so I've given up there for now and looking
for a new "stomping ground" for ham radio chit chat, homebrew & CW discussions, etc.

Is the "Misc" section here where all the "rag chew" sorts of stuff happens?  Doesn't necessarily
appear so - maybe it's just a less-frequented site than QRZ??

Anyway, looking for a new ham site to frequent so thought I'd give this one a try.

73 for now

Dave
W7UUU

My site: www.W7UUU.net - "it's not all about yew, ewe, you!"
K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:21:33 PM »

Is the "Misc" section here where all the "rag chew" sorts of stuff happens?  Doesn't necessarily

Sorry Dave. RCC is kind of unique to QRZ, and the reason that many users leave QRZ. I scan it every day, along with the rest of the forums, but seldom see something interesting enough to read, let alone respond.

Martin - K7MEM

http://www.k7mem.com
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »

There really isn't a chat area here - should be though. But this board is as good as any other.  Smiley

Anyway, looking for a new ham site to frequent so thought I'd give this one a try.

This forum is pretty good. Sometimes arguments erupt, but everyone gets over them (as far as I know  Smiley).

KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 10:48:29 AM »

I don't know about pure "chat," but this forum has many very well-informed discussions with expert hams on a number of technical and very practical topics. I haven't found another general ham forum which is as predictably good.

There are off-hand non-technical remarks here and there, many of them humorous, and I plead guilty to ignoring the official topic from time to time in the service of laughter (hopefully).
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 11:27:55 AM »

I was a member here AGES ago (as WB7AWK - but when I changed my call sign, my original
member date was nuked and my new date entered - too bad!  I liked that I had been a member
for like 10 years here prior).

Anyway, QRZ.com has become a horribly slow site - so I've given up there for now and looking
for a new "stomping ground" for ham radio chit chat, homebrew & CW discussions, etc.

73 for now

Dave
W7UUU

Could it be that QRZ has bogged down due to all of the BS posted in RC? Grin
KB1WSY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »

Dave. Welcome. Nope, there isn't an RCC here. Just hams talking about mostly ham issues. Sometimes you will see discussions bordering on the QRZ-RCC level of political liveliness, but that's incidental to the ham/technical focus. Actually I like both (eHam and QRZ) but the "slowness" issues over there are becoming a problem, I agree. When it come to purely technical discussion I find eHam has the edge, but it's hard to generalize, because there's a lot of good stuff in both places. The best Elmers (including you!) can sometimes be found to frequent both places! Hello, N2EY and WB2WIK, among others!

Edited to add: QRZ is still more "sophisticated" in terms of content you can post. So, for instance, you can upload images to QRZ direct from your computer. On eHam, you have to link to content that's already on the Internet, somewhere.

To add also: I like visiting both places because the membership mix, while overlapping to some extent, is different. If anything, eHam may be more international. But QRZ seems to have more "eyeballs" so the discussions turn over faster. I like both!

73 de Martin, KB1WSY
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:57:13 PM by KB1WSY » Logged
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 07:08:51 PM »

Hello Dave. Glad to see you on this site. I heard you one time on 40m,in the old novice subband.-Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: