The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COMET GP-9  (Read 3776 times)
N9GGG

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »

I have a comet gp-9 up at 25 ft had it up for 3 yrs no problem now I have a problem high swr on uhf over 3.5 on vhf close to 3.0 this happen after a thunder storm I took antenna down chk'd everything replace coax and chk'd again still high swr ......what next???/.........thanks
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »

Check the element interconnections inside the radome.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »

Where do you measure SWR? To locate the problem you may measure using a dummy load. At first right at the output, then at the end of the coax. If this is good you can concentrate on the antenna.
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 03:45:45 PM »

The GP-9 will not take any surges. I have gone through 5 of them here in Colorado. check the capacitors in side the radome.
HP1CWP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 11:21:42 AM »

Estoy interesado en comprar una antena marca Comet modelo GP-9, viendo muchos comentarios me siento un poco indeciso ya que algunos dicen que es buena y otros malas, pero segun lo que leo de las caracteristica de la misma ella tiene una excelente ganancia comparada con las demas Comet.

Gracias a todos y tomare la decision de comprarla y probarla a ver como me resulta, estoy en Panama.
W1XWX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 04:05:53 PM »

You will need to pull apart the sections and check all the connections. Probably water got inside and soaked the foam inside. Should be OK once they are dried out. When you reassemble seal up all the sections with silicon tape followed by electrical tape. 73

Life's too short for QRP
WA3SKN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 09:34:36 AM »

2012 post.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: