Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TS 830 To Recorder  (Read 771 times)
HR2TBD

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »

Hi All
I'm looking to connect a DAT (Digital Audio Tape) recorder to a Kenwood TS 830 to record incoming audio and then transmit this audio
But I don't know where to connect this recorder ? I know I can do it thru the remote connector but there I have the Amplifier hooked in
Does anyone knows how to do it ?

Thanks in advance for any info.

HR2tbd 
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 10:40:27 AM »

Anywhere outside you only have low impedance connections. You could go into the accessory plug and add an additional connection to your DAT (Pin 1 and ground). You also could open the rig and hook a line up to the head phone connector or even disable the switch at the head phone jack that takes the speaker off line. There are really many possibilities to choose from.
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 09:32:08 PM »

If the TS-530 has connections for a "phone patch" or "packet" output, that would be a decent match to a _line-level_ DAT input.

And the "phone patch" or "packet" input on the TS-530 (if it exists) would be a decent match to a _line-level_ DAT output.

If you have (or can build) a soundcard interface, with transformer isolation, that would be even better.

Charles

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: