Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K4TEC/Radio Mart/ Martyn  (Read 28022 times)
NK7J

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »

I am pleased to say I had a great transaction with Martyn, I traded a piece of equipment with him for a radio he had on his site and they passed each other on UPS. Radio arrived just as described and have no complaints at all. Would do business with Martyn again.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:52:13 AM »

Boy, did you get lucky.  Most people who deal with him were disappointed in one way or another.
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:58:55 PM »

Used to live a couple of miles from his "antenna farm/shop"... Total crook. Didn't realize the extent I was rtipped off, as I was unable to test items during a move from Ky to Fl. All items totally NFG.
I just wish (!!) I was back up there. It might even be worth a trip there, but I would end up in jail (where this scum bag needs to be)!!!!

ron
N4UE
K0PD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 10:32:31 AM »

My advice before you give another glowing review of your transaction with Martyn is read the 35 pages of complaints on here on his company Radio Mart.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »

Another nail in radio-marts coffin.

see :  http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/radio-mart.net

Overseas hams should take note !
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »

You want more info?  Look at the topic "Company Reviews" right here on this website under the heading "Radio Mart...."  There is over FIVE HUNDRED answers (re: K0PD's post, above) as to what kind of a company Radio Mart is, and by extention, what kind of a man he is.
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 12:37:41 PM »

I only bought once from Martyn Allison/Radio-Mart, it was right after he started his online store after leaving eBay. He was posting a lot of nice guy stuff on Qth.com (his new home), basically how he wanted to be given a fair chance. So I figured I'd give him a chance. Well, the radio I purchased was nowhere near like described - even the pictures were wrong. Oh sure, I spoke to him on the phone. In the end I contacted John Kriner, former Drake employee, and was able to purchase a front panel for the unit and knobs. I also had to buy my own power supply, even though Radio-Mart's ad said a power supply would come with it.

The man is clearly mentally ill. I don't think he's capable of doing a straight up, as described honest deal. Those who claim that he does, well I don't trust them.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »

I have made 2 purchases from Martyn-K4TEC & 2 local friends also made purchases from him & all is well with our purchases.Will buy from Martyn-K4TEC(Radio Mart) again in the future.Nice in person,on the phone,& by email.THANKS Martyn. {:>)

Clayton
W4KVW
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 04:00:38 PM »

...........................must be paid or related.........................
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 09:10:27 PM »

...........................must be paid or related.........................

We all met Martyn for the 1st time at Dayton Hamvention 2013 but one of those friends has purchased from Martyn on at least 2 other radio's via the internet & had NO ISSUES buying from him at Dayton in person.Guess we must all be living right because that makes 6 radio's between the three of us & we are ALL very happy with the products & the deals? I can only comment on the deals I have knowledge of here in my home town & they ALL have been 100% GOOD so GOOD experiences should be shared as well as BAD experiences so everyone gets BOTH sides of the story.  Smiley

Clayton
W4KVW
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »

W4KVW said:
so everyone gets BOTH sides of the story

Actually your comments and insipid smiley faces insult the many hams who had far more difficult transactions.

Reminds me of the aphorism regarding Mussolini's sunny side: "At least he made the trains run on time."

And a key ingredient of every ponzi scheme... making a few people happy.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 08:12:48 AM »

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley {:>)  }:>)
WD8FM

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:12 PM »

My advice before you give another glowing review of your transaction with Martyn is read the 35 pages of complaints on here on his company Radio Mart.

According to you....glowing reviews should not be considered because other people had problems with him.  Well I wont tell you then, that I made a major purchase from his eBay Store and It was just as described. In fact it was better than he described.  I used the used radio I purchased from him for two years before I sold it and it was still working fine then and it still is working fine another two years later.  I am not related to him and have never met him so I get no consideration for my review other than this was my experience that I wanted to share. Sorry for the review if it offends you this was not my intent.   This review is not an endorsement / recommendation to purchase from this seller but only to inform you of my satisfaction with my transaction.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:34:22 PM by WD8FM » Logged
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 05:25:12 AM »

Just my 2 cents worth, but what I think K0PD meant is this--even though he could and does have some OK reviews, it's the volume of the negative reviews versus the positive ones that someone should consider.

Not saying that this is the actual, but 50 bad reviews to 1 good one does not a reputable dealer make!
WD8FM

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 09:39:26 PM »

Just my 2 cents worth, but what I think K0PD meant is this--even though he could and does have some OK reviews, it's the volume of the negative reviews versus the positive ones that someone should consider.

Not saying that this is the actual, but 50 bad reviews to 1 good one does not a reputable dealer make!

A lot of people write bad reviews, but how often do people write good reviews in this forum or any forum?  Think about your number count now and what does it really mean. I guess if you want to go buy counts, I ordered from Radio Mart on two separate occasion's and the product was good both times...Hmmm lets see, that a 100% success rate I have had.  Numbers do not tell the whole story.  Answer this, If Radio Mart is so bad, why is it still in business?  Again this is not meant to be a endorsement for Radio Mart, just letting people know of my experience with Radio Mart, which was good both times I ordered from them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: