Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Courtesy for the QRP CQWW VHF Contester! A challenge for you all!  (Read 1728 times)
N2RRA

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2012, 02:39:07 AM »

This year the CQWW VHF Contest will take place 07/21 - 07/22 on 6m (50Mhz) and 2m (144Mhz).

How many contesters out there are regulars for this contest ever hear QRP'ers giving it a run for their money?

There is a QRP catagory so I"m guessing their has to be enough QRP'ers participating. Yes! It's very low power to be running on these bands ,but most QRP operators will be entering the catagory has "Hill-topper" which on these bands hieght is might and really helps that 5 watt station. Plus, we love the challenge and you would be surprised what 5 watts can do at 3,000 ft. A.S.L.

So anyway I'll be entering this contest as a QRP hill-topper and wanted to give a heads up to those QRO guys to listen out for us and if you hear us in the mist of a pile up maybe you guys wouldn't mind leaving a little room for us to slide in. All in the name of sportsmanship I ask. It's not like we're competing in the same category.

I won't say which grid, or location we'll be stationed at yet ,but we will be running digital, SSB and CW so don't count the weak signals out and maybe every now and again you station operators could ask from time to time.....

"are there any QRP stations?.....only QRP stations!"

so that we all can have fun and accumulate every point. Make sure you listen for us hard because we're only allowed to work 6 hours out of the 27 hours. A QRP station can be the 1 or two points you needed to take 1st. place and bragging rights. Smiley 

Hope to see you all in the CQWW VHF contest and lets have some fun.!!

73!

K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:58:01 PM »

Just received my CQWW VHF 2012 contest award in the mail today. QRP Hilltopper, 1st place Texas, 4th place U.S.

See my station:

http://k5ted.net/slide_show.html?show=2012_CQ_WW_VHF&picture=picture1.jpg&autopilot_running=

I'll probably do the same spot this year, but with more antenna and/or full 10w.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: