Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice CW on a TS-590s?  (Read 5577 times)
HA7AP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 05:55:38 AM »

I operate  CW without  aids or assistance, and I like trying out different keyers and  technologies. I also use these CW decoders for things like JOTA which gets young people very excited when they see the message come across the screen rather than listening to dots and dits that they cant understand. I have helped 12 young kids get their license and guess what, 8 of them are now exclusive CW only ops! Its people like you that  are stuck in the past who dont want to evolve the hobby and let people enjoy what they want to do, if that means using CW decoders so be it. The point is that  these operators are putting their finger in the water and one day will have the ability to throw away the decoder. So grow up and change your attitude OM.

Dear QRPNEW!
I never used a decoder when I learned cw at age of ten and I remember got excited when I first could copy a whole sentence in my head. I don't get excited when see some text running on any screen :-(

If I don't speak English, should I bring an interpreter with me? Maybe one day I will have the ability to throw the interpreter away, and speak on my own? It doesn't work this way!! So you can't learn CW with a decoder.

The only time a decoder can help you is break through a certain brick wall, say you stuck at 40 WPM it might help you to crank your speed up.

Unfortunately when I learned cw in 1981 I never even saw a pc, so I had to listening qso's on the air and used tape recordings.

73 Imi HA7AP
[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:00:51 AM by HA7AP » Logged
HA7AP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 06:23:28 AM »

People like you who are real idiots because you forget that when you started out on CW you also had to start slowly and build your CW speed with practice  over many years,  now your arrogant attitude forgets where and how you started yet you expect new CW operator to be instant 60WPM experts. If CW is dying is because of arrogant people  like you not because there is no new hams wanting to be interested in CW. You can hear this arrogance on the CW bands daily, operators who get called by slow stations yet they dont even have the courtesy of slowing down for new operators. Look at your attitude before making stupid  arrogant elitist comments.

Dear QRPNEW!
First of all, I did not forgot when and how did I learned cw. 2nd I don't expect anybody, to be a 60WPM expert. 3rd CW is not dying at all, in fact it is pretty much alive!!
I don't know where are you listening to cw at? MARS? because here on earth, there is a huge amount of cw activity on the air.
Too bad, that you have an antenna called: Inverted twisted under the bed slightly bent at the end. Other wise you would hear me on the bands, but not only hear me, but actually hear me slowing down from 40 WPM to 18WPM if somebody calls me at that speed and I never had any problem with that. In fact I love to play at any speed, because speed is not that important for me at all. Although if some one calls me at 60 WPM I would really love to have a long conversation with that person :-)
You don't have any Idea about my daily operating procedure, so you are the one who is making arrogant comments, just because you are struggling with cw.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: