Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with DX Labs SpotCollector.  (Read 3111 times)
KD5NLV

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »

Hello,

I've seen the screen shots of this program and really liked it. I downloaded the Launcher, then downloaded SC. I fired it up, successfully connected via telnet to a spot source. The raw spots are rolling in on the DXCluster window ONLY. There are no spots displayed on the main Spot Collector screen. I tried looking in the config screen for a reason why the spots are not displayed. There are ALOT of options to configure this program, which is a good thing, but im a bit overwelmed. I was hoping it would just work right out of the box and I could mess with the options I wanted later. Does anyone know what I have to do to get the spots to show up?

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:31:03 AM by KD5NLV » Logged
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 07:03:13 PM »

Hello,

I've seen the screen shots of this program and really liked it. I downloaded the Launcher, then downloaded SC. I fired it up, successfully connected via telnet to a spot source. The raw spots are rolling in on the DXCluster window ONLY. There are no spots displayed on the main Spot Collector screen. I tried looking in the config screen for a reason why the spots are not displayed. There are ALOT of options to configure this program, which is a good thing, but im a bit overwelmed. I was hoping it would just work right out of the box and I could mess with the options I wanted later. Does anyone know what I have to do to get the spots to show up?

Thank you

Take a look at these step-by-step instructions in Getting Started with Spot Collection. If they don't get you going, let me know.

Dave, AA6YQ
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:41:57 PM by AA6YQ » Logged
KD5NLV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »

Hi Dave,

I tried everything on the list with no luck. I can connect to the telnet node fine, and im seeing the spots roll out on the spot source window. Just nothing on the Spot Collector. The only program of the suite I downloaded is SC. Does it require the other programs to be running for ot to work?
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »

Hi Dave,

I tried everything on the list with no luck. I can connect to the telnet node fine, and im seeing the spots roll out on the spot source window. Just nothing on the Spot Collector. The only program of the suite I downloaded is SC. Does it require the other programs to be running for ot to work?

SpotCollector can run without any other DXLab applications running.

Please do this:

1. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "log debugging info" box

2. terminate SpotCollector

3. start SpotCollector

4. wait until you see a couple of spots appear in a DX Cluster window

5. on the Configuration window's General tab, un-check the "log debugging info" box

6. attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to an email message and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

so I can see what's going on.

Dave, AA6YQ
KD5NLV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »

I opened it up to check the "Log debugging info" box and it just started working. Hmmm... I think im good to go. Thank you.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 08:36:27 AM »

I opened it up to check the "Log debugging info" box and it just started working. Hmmm... I think im good to go. Thank you.

If you have any other questions, let me know; the best way to get help is via the DXLab Yahoo group, which you can join via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxlab/join

Dave, AA6YQ

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: