Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe - HRD LogBook - DM780 Reliability  (Read 7423 times)
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 03:57:36 PM »

I myself cannot understand why people hang on to XP.  There is just no reason to do so, except if you enjoy old technology like Heathkits, and so on.  Even Vista is much superior to XP.  Don't think so?  Then what is Windows 7 made of?  Do you realize that many of the bugs in vista are still in Win 7?  Win 7 is vista, with some of the major interface issues tweaked.
I have never had an issue with Vista or Win 7 and I have a custom built water cooled machine (actually I change every 6 months or so), that isn't supported by any manufacturer.
The biggest favor you could do for your self is save your data, wipe the machine clean and do a fresh install of Win 7.  Get the latest software and reload your data.  XP at this point has thousands of patches, any one of which can cause grief.  And next year MS will drop support completely.
BTW, I do like heathkits, but I like my Elecraft much more. 

VA2FSQ
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »

HRD...I've been using this for the last year and have not upgraded yet.  My main reason for doing so, is that I cannot find a definitive guide for upgrading from one version to another.  Do these exist?  And if not, why not?

VA2FSQ
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 05:51:30 AM »

What version do you have now and what version are you upgrading to?
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: