Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TS 850  (Read 1389 times)
M6VWP

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »

I have a Kenwood TS 850, which is ill.
Where the SO239 socket at the rear connects, there is a relay board, next to the lightening surge protector. A relay has been replaced as the radio works and then suddenly goes deaf and dead. It will then come back to life, I have changed the NC-12V Mitishitu relay but it is still having the same problem. Does anyone have an idea what this might be, and does anyone in the UK know the repair No to the Scottish rig docter who only charges £99 for ANY repair?
Many Thanks!
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:48:06 AM »

and does anyone in the UK know the repair No to the Scottish rig docter who only charges £99 for ANY repair?
Many Thanks!

Oh mercy...rig doctor... Roll Eyes

Send it to Castle Electronics in Welshpool. It'll be fixed properly by someone who actually knows what they're doing and has all the gear and isn't a screwdriver monkey with dillusions of grandeur.
SUBTERFUGE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 03:59:49 AM »

I Have a kenwood TS 850 also which has exactly the same problem as yours. I switch it on and no recieve for a good hour and then it crackles slowly back to life. I can hear the relay on the relay board clicking intermitently, it did power out but even that has now stopped working. There is a place in Scotland that do repairs for £99. As soon as I ger their phone number and/or address, I'll post it on here.

Regards

Derek.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: