Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SV2ASP/A QSL...  (Read 12893 times)
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 11:36:58 AM »

Congratulations on making HR!
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »

Thanks, Zack. Its been a fun ride, and now I'm getting really serious about 160M - and of course (with persistence and patience), #1 Honor Roll.

I figure I will make #1 Honor Roll in about 7 years from now.

With or without sunspots!
MM0ZBH

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »

Euros work if you can get them.  I made a donation of 10 euros which looking back was a bit mad but it was all I had.

Card came back within the month which was a result.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »

Euros work if you can get them.  I made a donation of 10 euros which looking back was a bit mad but it was all I had.

Card came back within the month which was a result.

Wow it's pretty amazing the money we send for QSL cards. I sent $5 about 3 weeks ago and am still eagerly waiting.

Monk Apollo works about 100+ people every time he goes on the air and I would bet my left nut that almost 90% of those people try to get a QSL card.
Add up the money and you wonder why the Church doesn't have him working the radio at least 3 times a week, at that rate they could make enough to build a new wing on the church.

MM0ZBH

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »

Yes it would be a nice earner if that is appropriate a term to use for a man of the church.

Not that it is any consolation for you guys in the US but I have worked the Monk a couple of other times, once on evening on 40m and in the end was actually calling with no reply for about 10 minutes so went QRT. 

Don't worry I am sure you will return the favour with Clipperton next week and I will have to try a little harder.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 08:22:03 PM »

LMAO at the remark Apollo could add a new wing to the monastery if they let him operate more.  I don't know anything about the Eastern Orthodox Church. Do their priests take vows of poverty like some of the Holy Orders of the Catholic Church?

I stopped off at the bank on the way home and gave the teller a hundred bucks and asked for 100 clean singles. I got a very odd stare. The woman teller didn't have any so a guy teller offered them to me.  They had to label me as a pervert because about the only use for that many singles is a trip to a strip club where it costs a few dollars a flash.

Yes, we do spend an awful lot of money QSLing. It's probably best if you don't keep track of the exact amount lest you later wish you hadn't spent it. Don't ever share that info with a spouse or significant other because you're only asking for a lot of trouble.

Chris/NU1O
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »

How the hell can you make a prediction like that, Rich?  You have no idea what will happen in the People's Paradise of North Korea, not to mention all the other odd places.

I'd take the other side of the bet but it's too far into the future and you don't bet, or is it you only bet horses? I forget.

Chris/NU1O

WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 08:39:58 PM »

I respectfully have to agree with Chris on this one, Rich.  Unless they change the rules, and an entity which has not been activated in 20 years gets deleted or waived...I don't see P5 getting active. The pot belly dictator hung on after his father died in 1994, and now the grandson is consolidating power.  Every time we think DPRK will collapse, it continues on.  Care to share what you see in that magical DX crystal ball of yours? Smiley
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 08:50:21 PM »

Rich already has P5.

I was talking to Jimmy BX5AA today.  He needs three entities for #1 DXCC, KP1, YV0, and PJ5.  PJ5 will be easy.  He was on the air when YV0 was activated but there were only two days where he could hear the station and he wasn't able to get through.  And we all know that KP1 has been in the works.  I told Jimmy that he should get #1 in about 2-3 years with KP1 being the wild card.  I think Rich has already worked all the political sensitive ones.  He just need those that are difficult to access plus one that is environmentally sensitive (Kingman).  So I do think he has a good chance of getting there, while the rest of us have to wait for P5.

Jonathan W6GX
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 08:58:48 PM »

Oh that is right, Jonathan. Sorry, Rich.  I was projecting MY hopes and wishes when  wrote that post LOL.

Sure wish I could go with the team that eventually activates KP1, whenever that happens.  Once in a lifetime experience.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »

Rich already has P5.

Jonathan W6GX

Even so, there is no way anybody can predict when those 9 needed countries will be activated and a country or two could be created.  There are too many variables to predict when one will make #1 HR with any degree of accuracy.

Rich, what are the nine you need and what say you?

Chris/NU1O
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:30 PM »

How the hell can you make a prediction like that, Rich?  You have no idea what will happen in the People's Paradise of North Korea, not to mention all the other odd places.

I'd take the other side of the bet but it's too far into the future and you don't bet, or is it you only bet horses? I forget.

Chris/NU1O

I have P5 on 10 and 15M.

I need - FT/T, FT/Z, KH5K, KP1, E3, VK0/H, FT/G, 3Y0/B, VP8/S. All have interest by someone and KH5K could very well become a delete (combined with Palmyra). That has been a rumor for 13 years - I would not be surprised to see it happen within the next couple of years.

I guessed that I would make Honor Roll in 10 years, and it took 11 1/2.

I like to "envision" my goals - and put a SWAG on them . . . works for me - I never bet money or horses  Wink

Some may be added too.

Just a guessing game - 7 years would be a miracle - mainly because of the cost of anything in the "Roaring 40's" . . . but 7 years is what I think could be the shortest time, probably.

My first card checker told me in 2001 that #1 Honor Roll is now IMPOSSIBLE. I never believe that - in fact I get more motivated to try. I'm also not in a rush - it may never happen, but I always believe in the impossible. I don't care if it takes 30 years actually . . .

YMMV

Sure glad I have P5 though  Grin

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:44:01 PM by KY6R » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »

SWAG is slang for stolen goods. I have no idea what that means in ham lingo.

E3 is going to be tough.  I think N6PSE said he looked into it and they weren't interested in tourism or any of the things a normal country is interested in. When does your crystal ball say you will work that one?

This is off-topic but I've seen some spots for ET3AA the last few days.  I thought I read a ham was making a trip to Ethiopia and was going to activate ET3AA but I can't find it on my calender.  Anybody know is is operating from ET3AA?

Chris/NU1O
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 09:26:35 PM »

SWAG is slang for stolen goods. I have no idea what that means in ham lingo.

E3 is going to be tough.  I think N6PSE said he looked into it and they weren't interested in tourism or any of the things a normal country is interested in. When does your crystal ball say you will work that one?

This is off-topic but I've seen some spots for ET3AA the last few days.  I thought I read a ham was making a trip to Ethiopia and was going to activate ET3AA but I can't find it on my calender.  Anybody know is is operating from ET3AA?

Chris/NU1O

SWAG is a Silly Wild Assed Guess.

E3 will pop up like 7O did. In fact - there were serious border skirmishes even between Sudan and South Sudan even after ST0R activated it - and now look at the 3 stations that have been active there.

Even Palestine is hot and cold as far as who can safely go there and operate. Many countries are actually in this situation.

If 7O6T never happened, then I would believe E3 is "impossible". But I know there are actually quite a few groups who would like to activate it. I never would have thought Yemen possible with Drones flying while the DX-ped was on.

Peace in that country is needed - something they have rarely had in their entire history. Not to mention - it has gone back and forth being an entity and then being back under the ET umbrella - at least a few times.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:29:16 PM by KY6R » Logged
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 01:02:38 AM »

Chris

I belive that Ken K4ZW/Z81Z was active as ET3AA before moving on to Southern Sudan,

Trevor
EI2GLB
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: