Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SV2ASP/A QSL...  (Read 12840 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013, 05:32:51 AM »

LMAO at the remark Apollo could add a new wing to the monastery if they let him operate more.  I don't know anything about the Eastern Orthodox Church. Do their priests take vows of poverty like some of the Holy Orders of the Catholic Church?

I stopped off at the bank on the way home and gave the teller a hundred bucks and asked for 100 clean singles. I got a very odd stare.

Chris/NU1O

I get a strange look when I ask for $2 bills, which I use for GS to hams who dont want IRCs. Less bulk in the envelope too!

Gene AF3Y
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2013, 05:35:43 AM »

We still have $2 bills?  I thought that went away with Susan B Anthony dollar coin
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »

We still have $2 bills?  I thought that went away with Susan B Anthony dollar coin

You can getem at the bank. DX wanting 2GS???  Works for me.  Less bulk to the envelope to tempt the stickyfingered postal clerk Cool
73, Gene AF3Y
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »

I get a strange look when I ask for $2 bills, which I use for GS to hams who dont want IRCs. Less bulk in the envelope too!

Gene AF3Y

Word to the wise, I would not use $2 Bills.  A Lot of people in many countries believe that they are no longer made (eg look at the post above by WD4ELG).  If a postal worker in a far off country See's a $2 bill they are much more likely to steal it than 2x $1 bills because they think the $2 bill is a collectable and worth much more than the face value.  Also some people consider them good luck charms and keep them in their wallets for luck.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 12:29:11 PM »

Gene AF3Y

Word to the wise, I would not use $2 Bills.  A Lot of people in many countries believe that they are no longer made (eg look at the post above by WD4ELG).  If a postal worker in a far off country See's a $2 bill they are much more likely to steal it than 2x $1 bills because they think the $2 bill is a collectable and worth much more than the face value.  Also some people consider them good luck charms and keep them in their wallets for luck.

Makes sense, but no problems for me yet that I am aware of.  Grin
73, Gene AF3Y
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »

Gene AF3Y

Word to the wise, I would not use $2 Bills.  A Lot of people in many countries believe that they are no longer made (eg look at the post above by WD4ELG).  If a postal worker in a far off country See's a $2 bill they are much more likely to steal it than 2x $1 bills because they think the $2 bill is a collectable and worth much more than the face value.  Also some people consider them good luck charms and keep them in their wallets for luck.

But, if the envelope were opened so the postal worker sees two $1 bills instead of an IRC or a $2 bill, isn't it already too late? At what point does the QSL request get "lost" ? Does the DX still get an envelope void of cash?
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »

But, if the envelope were opened so the postal worker sees two $1 bills instead of an IRC or a $2 bill, isn't it already too late? At what point does the QSL request get "lost" ? Does the DX still get an envelope void of cash?

Not all postal inspectors are thieves, many will not take the money because of ethics and some others wont because a surveillance camera is not far away,  but the more tempting you make it the more likely you are to get shafted.  I once hid $250 in a FedEx package inside the item that was being sent for repair.  My friend got the package but the $250 was gone.  The only way I can figure this one out was that they X-Rayed the package and actually used a Phillips screw driver and opened the unit to get out the money.  Just shows you that the greater the temptation the further they will go.
4O4A

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 03:21:18 AM »

I sent 2 letters to Apollo.
First time with 2 USD and SAE - no reply.
Second time with 3 USD and SAE - got reply in about 4 weeks, for the #307 Smiley
AA9RN

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2013, 06:28:14 PM »

Sent 10 cards out .6 airmail and 4 US. Guess what came back first after about 3 weeks? Yup SV2ASP/A. Amazing qsler.I sent to him 4 times and always a quick return in my mind. As for the US.Some are basic cards and still nothing.I know people are busy and cards are not the main thing to do in life now days. But Hats off to Monk Apollo for his card return in a reasonably good time.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2013, 06:58:54 PM »

Nope my credit union has NO shortage of them.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »

Nope my credit union has NO shortage of them.

I wonder what the DX thinks of $2 bills?

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 06:37:36 PM »

What's the wait time from Monk Apollo like?  It's been 2 months and at this point I am wondering if I should resend a card?  I wish he had an email address so I could confirm with him that he received it.
W4HET

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »

SV2ASP/A recently (24-26 May 2013) was on 18MHz CW for many hours each day. At last I worked Monk Apollo and sent 2 QSL mailings each with a self addressed envelope. One had 3 IRCs the other $.  Received his famous QSL today (24 June 2013).

Thanks Monk Apollo for #267        Good luck to all still chasing after Mt. Athos.  73 W4HET/Paul   

KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2013, 02:04:58 PM »

Woo hoo! My card just arrived today. It is a very nice QSL. The stamps used on the envelope are very cool as well  Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2013, 03:52:23 AM »

Woo hoo! My card just arrived today. It is a very nice QSL. The stamps used on the envelope are very cool as well  Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

I guess I should send mine soon  Undecided

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: