About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9M4SLL  (Read 5717 times)
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 07:04:44 AM »

CONGRATS DAN - THEY WERE BUILDING HERE ON 40M THIS MORNING...JUST AS I HAD TO LEAVE FOR WORK.

JOHN AE5X

AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 07:15:58 AM »

Does anyone who posts on here NOT know that typing in all caps is SHOUTING?  PLEASE dont type in all caps, its irritating as hell Cry.  Thank You!  73, Gene AF3Y
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 07:40:34 AM »

Cool down Gene, it's no big thing.
Randy AJ4RW
KE8G

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 07:45:55 AM »

I finally heard this elusive one and was able to snag it for an ATNO.  They are still pretty strong (S3-4) here in northern Ohio on 20 CW.

The op is definitely very good, his rate up there and he is calling for NA.

73 de Jim - KE8G
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 08:42:53 AM »

Cool down Gene, it's no big thing.
Randy AJ4RW

I am cool, but its irritating as hell to me. I have seen a couple hints/requests to stop it..... all ignored... Glad it does not bother you.  Gene
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »

Does anyone who posts on here NOT know that typing in all caps is SHOUTING?  PLEASE dont type in all caps, its irritating as hell Cry.  Thank You!  73, Gene AF3Y

Mad Max - that's the character on the Jon Boy & Billy Show you remind me of. The character is hilarious! He always ends his little skit with "and quit ruining my life!"  Grin

Congrats on the new one Gene - and all you other guys. I thought 40 would be a good shot after hearing 9M6XRO the other morning. I think he was working J35X. Once again I wasn't able to get there in time, but it would be a whole lot-ta luck with you high power guys still in the hunt. D68K was booming yesterday on 15, but I don't need it except on a few bands. Good hunting everybody.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »

Mad Max - that's the character on the Jon Boy & Billy Show you remind me of. The character is hilarious! He always ends his little skit with "and quit ruining my life!"  Grin

Congrats on the new one Gene - and all you other guys. I thought 40 would be a good shot after hearing 9M6XRO the other morning. I think he was working J35X. Once again I wasn't able to get there in time, but it would be a whole lot-ta luck with you high power guys still in the hunt. D68K was booming yesterday on 15, but I don't need it except on a few bands. Good hunting everybody.

Mad Max, huh?  Hmmm....  I always thought I was more like James Dean in "Rebel without a Cause" or Marlon Brando in "On the Waterfront".  (Maybe Barney Fife on Andy Griffith?  hi hi)  Gene AF3Y
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »

Does anyone who posts on here NOT know that typing in all caps is SHOUTING?  PLEASE dont type in all caps, its irritating as hell Cry.  Thank You!  73, Gene AF3Y

Mad Max - that's the character on the Jon Boy & Billy Show you remind me of. The character is hilarious! He always ends his little skit with "and quit ruining my life!"  Grin

Mad Max, huh?  Hmmm....  I always thought I was more like James Dean in "Rebel without a Cause" or Marlon Brando in "On the Waterfront".  (Maybe Barney Fife on Andy Griffith?  hi hi)  Gene AF3Y

Its a complement - its one of my favorite characters on the show.
In one skit (and I hope nobody is offended) he rants (in a rough southern voice) "quit calling these high school boys that make it with their hot blonde teachers "damaged" - I call them lucky!"   He's not PC, but a funny stereotype.

But back to 9M4SLL - not now for me - today's line of thunderstorms is about to roll on through. There should be no competition from anyone around here for a couple hours - unless somebody is crazy.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »

FYI..... I posted an item on the ANTENNAS forum regarding my probable antenna upgrade here in Florida. Would you guys Please take a look and comment? I am still somewhat limited, antenna option wise, but if I think its worth the $ to make the change/improvement I will do it. I gotta have BANG for the BUCK! Grin  73, Gene AF3Y
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 07:40:04 AM »

GENE, I NOTICE YOUR QRZ.COM PROFILE IS ALL CAPS (AT THE MOMENT ANYWAY).
http://www.qrz.com/db/af3y
INTERESTING...

JOHN AE5X
WG5G

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 11:21:47 AM »

Tnx, John wish they all were that easy, hope the antenna project is going well. 73 Dan, WG5G.
WA4IIF

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »

Spratly Island is no longer a rare country for WA4IIF (QTH in NW Florida)! I've made CW (40 meters) and SSB (20 meters) QSOs with 9M4SLL. My station particulars for the contacts: 40 meters (~600 watts to a Cobra UltraLite Sr., basically an inverted V doublet) and 20 meters (~700 watts to a hexagonal beam). Neither antenna is high. The height of the doublet apex is ~25 feet, while the 20 meter beam element is up at ~25 feet. Thanks to 9M4SLL for a ATNO, and thanks to Steve and John for the great DXpedition.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »

GENE, I NOTICE YOUR QRZ.COM PROFILE IS ALL CAPS (AT THE MOMENT ANYWAY).
http://www.qrz.com/db/af3y
INTERESTING...

JOHN AE5X

tuche' ! (notice no caps. hi hi)
I actually used a lot of caps (about 80%) trying to really stress a point regarding NO eQsl, which I rate right up there with nets, lists, etc.    73, Gene AF3Y
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 04:16:46 AM »

Good signal west coast right now. 7.057 RX-7.155......I need to upgrade. Sad

Eric KF7CSO (General)

Eric
KF6ABU

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 04:42:21 AM »

Good signal west coast right now. 7.057 RX-7.155......I need to upgrade. Sad

Eric KF7CSO (General)

yep 1 call!