Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Net name announcements  (Read 1528 times)
W7TNS

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »

Maybe I'm the only guy on this block...but, why is it that 80% of Net Controls (not usually tfc nets, for some reason) announce the name of the net itself VERY rarely, or so fast that even when repeated, is only known by ongoing net members/checkins. I belong to several hf nets, and those seem to have NCS that say the net name clearly and often, when calling for checkins. But, when I dial around and fid a "new" net, even after listening a while and trying to determine if it is a net I want to check in/chat with, I struggle to understand the name of the net when actually announced, and rarely announced. Wouldn't it behoove NCS who actually do want NEW checkins to announce clearly and often??...Anywho, just my 2 cents...Have a great day!
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:45:51 AM »

Agreed 100% ... Very frustrating indeed.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »

Then there are the ones that don't make a specific call for mobiles.  I guess it is more fun to let them try to be heard among the full-gallon stations with big beams.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: