Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOA caught me! Any users using a AOR LA390 loop?  (Read 21088 times)
MAKO36

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »

Ok...think I came up with a good idea. Please correct me if I am wrong. I plan on laying about 150 feet of 14 gauge wire in the shape of a square on my roof.  That's right...just going to lay it on there. The starting end I will solder to the center core of the coax. The tail end I will solder to the shield of the coax, making it a true closed end loop antenna. Since it will be just for receiving for my Icom R75 I think it'll receive just fine for 2-30 mhz. After all most of the time I listen to aeronautical radio and ham. Listening to South American music would be a waste since all I have to do is just turn my portable radio on. That or I'll just drop my Par wire from the pvc supports where it was and lay her on the roof, saving me money from having to buy wire. Just hope by laying my Par End Fed on the roof will get me reception, as I am currently going through withdrawals of no SW as of late. Embarrassed Lips sealed
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 08:09:44 AM »

Why not go for both?  Use the wire you've got now, put it on your roof, and see if it works.  My guess is it should -- provided you don't have a lot of household RFI.  On the roof your present antenna would still be elevated from the ground so it should work.

Then go on with the 150 ft. loop as a later project.

I have read nothing but good reports from guys using large horizontal loops.

K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 08:17:31 AM »

I'd use a balun on the loop for noise reduction. 
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: