Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QSL cards for XZ1K being sent out next week  (Read 4411 times)
HS0ZIB

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2012, 12:10:53 AM »

For anyone who worked my callsign XZ1K - mainly Japanese stations but also some Russian and European - the QSL cards have just arrived in Burma from the printer (Gennady), and I'll be sending these out next week.

Simon
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »

Simon, those QSL cards are essentially worthless paper until you obtain accreditation from the ARRL DXCC desk.  I would be glad to help you with that if needed.
HS0ZIB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 06:44:35 PM »

Simon, those QSL cards are essentially worthless paper until you obtain accreditation from the ARRL DXCC desk

Actually, the world of DXing doesn't 'revolve' around the ARRL Smiley The vast majority of my QSOs were with JA stations. who surely will appreciate a printed QSL card.

I was unable to make any accreditation progress with the ARRL when I operated XZ1K and - as explained - I am now about 1,500km away from the government office that issued my license, and to whom I must visit again if I want to apply for the DXCC.

I will do this, but I'm unlikely to visit that office for many months.  So I will issue the cards and apply for accreditation when it's practical to do so - hopefully next year.

Simon
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:32:03 PM »

Simon, those QSL cards are essentially worthless paper until you obtain accreditation from the ARRL DXCC desk

Actually, the world of DXing doesn't 'revolve' around the ARRL Smiley The vast majority of my QSOs were with JA stations. who surely will appreciate a printed QSL card.

I was unable to make any accreditation progress with the ARRL when I operated XZ1K and - as explained - I am now about 1,500km away from the government office that issued my license, and to whom I must visit again if I want to apply for the DXCC.

I will do this, but I'm unlikely to visit that office for many months.  So I will issue the cards and apply for accreditation when it's practical to do so - hopefully next year.

Simon, my willingness to send you a transceiver is based on the assumption that your operation from XZ will be accredited by the ARRL's DXCC desk. While I have XZ confirmed on all three modes and most bands, many newer DXers in pursuit of DXCC awards do not; it is of them I am thinking. Please help me understand how you will gain ARRL accreditation.

Dave, AA6YQ
HS0ZIB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 12:22:41 AM »

Dave - to get DXCC accreditation for my proposed new operation in Yangon will be easy - because I can send a copy of the licence (and other documents) to the ARRL.

To get accreditation for my previous operation as XZ1K will be delayed, because I am no longer living in that region of Burma, and I would need to return there to obtain my licence from the military commander of that State. (The XZ1K licence is retained by that commander in his office, not by me).

So I need to return to that region, which I'm not due to do in the immediate future.

(That is why I contacted the ARRL for accreditation when I was operating as XZ1K - because I knew that there could be logistical problems at a later date if I did not reside in that area).

Simon
K4VUD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 06:30:56 AM »

May 4, 2013 at 12:11
Simon… Hams certainly hope you have a valid XZ ham license. I suggest you could help by putting your paperwork on one of your web sites. A nice clear presentation we can all look at.
3-5-2013 query to ARRL DXCC official reports that ARRL has not received any documentation from you to date. There is no confusion about what papers ARRL will want. Submit your license copy; the name, authority title/govt branch name, and contact information of the person and office issuing the license; and photographs of your self in XZ locations that clearly show your body present there is usually all ARRL needs. You have had over a year to send that documentation to ARRL.
Currently, information given me by various sources and a ham actually going to the proper office in the new capital city all report that the issuance of ham operating permits from the national government do not exist and can not exist at this time to anyone. Further, reports indicate that there is no authority inside that nation to grant operating permits at any govt level, local or otherwise.
It is this information that makes it so highly urgent that you just post your license/paperword on the Web.
Please help all hams in South East Asia present a fact and an image of legal ham activities because even one fake or rump activity can spread problems to many in the whole area. Thanks, 73
May 4, 2013 at 12:48
Simon… Regarding your message here of 5-9-2012. Please note that Myanmar national capital city is Naypyidaw, not Yongon. This change-over happened in 2006, and this new city is now populated and all national govt offices are located there. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naypyidaw
Further, the Region of Tanintharyi is NOT one of the self-administered States in Myanmar which indicates it is under the direct administrative authority located in Naypyidaw, the national government. Thus, it appears that it is impossible for you to have a valid ham permit from any official in Tanintharyi Region. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_divisions_of_Burma
I strongly urge you to help protect the integrity of and current delicate situation of ham licensing in all of S.E.Asia. One bad apple here can upset the area where people have worked hard to obtain what ham radio now has but could lose in a moments notice.
Because the Wiki Web sites noted here, seemingly correct, indicate your operation of any ham radio as you have publically described it is NOT VALID, I urge you to realign your statements with the facts of this situation. Please help SEA keep what ham permissions we have.
Tnx, 73, Charly K4VUD
WB3AIT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »

I find the timing of this update interesting.

http://dx-world.net/2013/xz1k-myanmar/

Ed
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »

Simon,
I submitted a request for your QSL via OQRS on 1 June 2013 and have not received your card.
As I did not receive your reply to my several emails or private message, I post here as a last resort.
Luke VK3HJ
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »

May 4, 2013 at 12:11

Currently, information given me by various sources and a ham actually going to the proper office in the new capital city all report that the issuance of ham operating permits from the national government do not exist and can not exist at this time to anyone. Further, reports indicate that there is no authority inside that nation to grant operating permits at any govt level, local or otherwise.

Tnx, 73, Charly K4VUD

What about the 3 phase XZ1J expeditions with Zorro and his group?
I would think those are ARRL approved.  At least I hope so Roll Eyes

73, Gene AF3Y
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 03:32:43 PM »

XZ1Z and XZ1J are approved by the a DXCC desk. I've seen the licenses from Nay Pyi Taw with my own eyes.
WB3AIT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »

Copied from this post by HS0ZIB: [My bold face type.]
eHam > eHam Forums > Youth > Build a crystal radio in Myanmar - components

"I've given up trying to get an XZ licence (Zorro clearly has more clout than me..).  But I do want to spark interest in  my young students about all things radio.  What better way than building a crystal radio set from household items?"

Interesting tie into the current survey on the E-ham home page. Just an observation and thought.

ed
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »

XZ1Z and XZ1J are approved by the a DXCC desk. I've seen the licenses from Nay Pyi Taw with my own eyes.

Thanks, Paul. I thought that group was OK, license wise.
 I worked XZ1J for an ATNO. Glad all is OK for those guys Grin.  Hopefully their card will be along soon. 
73, Gene AF3Y
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 07:01:44 PM »

Based on what I read here and on DX World I don't think Simon is the right person to be giving morality lessons to anybody.

Chris  NU1O
HS0ZIB

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 06:14:30 AM »

Based on what I read here and on DX World I don't think Simon is the right person to be giving morality lessons to anybody.

Rather than cryptic comments, can you tell me exactly what you mean by that statement?  Because it's meaning is completely lost on me Smiley

I commented that I would no longer try to get a ham licence for Yangon, (because I have done my utmost to get that licence). What is your problem with that?

Luke, I processed and sent out cards for XZ1K several months ago whilst I was working in north Laos.  If you haven't received your card I will send a new one from Thailand.  Perhaps the post is more reliable there....

Simon
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »

Luke, I processed and sent out cards for XZ1K several months ago

No sign of your card here, Simon.
I would appreciate your sending another.
And I don't give a bugger about ARRL accreditation. I have XZ1J and XZ1Z confirmed. Yours was my first QSO with Burma.
Thanks,
Luke VK3HJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: