Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paddle Recomendations  (Read 1029 times)
KQ6UP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 06:00:32 PM »

Do you live in agora hills per your QRZ listing?

My e-mail is good on QRZ.com

73's de KQ6UP
KF4TQJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »

I have to agree with Tom, AE5I. I also prefer the Vibrolpex Brass Racer and have the EK-1. I've also got the Vibroplex Iambic Standard and a Code Warrior. I just like the feel of the magnetics.
73's
Woody
KN7T

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 02:16:24 PM »

Also have a look at the Schurr Profi II.  It uses the traditional spring tensioning method for the lever arms and is able to provide very fine and precise adjustments.  The finger pieces are a bit larger than some of the other paddles out there but I find that I like that better.  The Profi also has a nice hinged plexiglass (lexan?) cover to keep the dust off of the "works".  The base is machined from a solid block of brass and all the other pieces are made from brass as well sans the finger pieces.
N8NOE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 03:17:54 AM »

I Would not give my Schurr PROFI II up..
I think it's one of the best I have Ever used. I saw the Begali keys at Dayton, there VERY nice also.
W6TH

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 09:41:14 AM »

I have tried several paddles and for the money I have a toss up between the Bencher BY-1 and the MFJ 564 paddles. Both satisfy my needs.

I also have one home made, made with two blocks of wood and two pieces of hack saw blades, I use this one and just love the feel. The blades float and can send for hours on end with no tiresome feeling. I loaned it out for a field day and the high speed ops went wild over the capabilities, ease of operation.

I find the BY-1, 564 and my home made on equal terms, all good for qrq.

W6TH

.:
K8AG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »

I hated paddles.  I never could get the hang of them.  I had a Bencher and figured it had to be good because they are so popular.  But it would miss elements and flop around.  I used a straight key.

Then I asked my wife for a Christmas present last year.  I got a Begali Simplex.  Not the top of the line, but now I understand why paddles are so great.  It makes elements reliably and is just easy to use.

73, JP, K8AG
KQ6UP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 08:33:31 AM »

Thanks guys for all of your help.  I ended up getting the Kent for Christmas, and thanks to Lee for letting me come over to his shack and try his out.  It is a great paddle.  Extremely crisp feel with a light action.  I like the heavy base too.

Chris KQ6UP
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: