Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N2VZ Turbo Tune update  (Read 2298 times)
N5UD

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »

Some may recall that I had a thread started months back on a failed TT and any kind of positive response from Bill, N2VZ since I returned it to him.

In short he has had my TT since November 8th. I sent it back to him at his request. I thought the motor control IC had failed. I was going to fix it myself, but he wanted to verify the failure.

Here it is August. Nothing heard from Bill since the spring. He still has my TT. I have nothing. I have made several voice mail and, email requests to simply return it I would fix as per my original plan. I even sent certified letters. One was returned as undeliverable. It was the Florida address.

I don't get it. A businessman, and ham lives by his reputation. I think 9 months was ample time to have repaired as per HIS WORD. If not repaired, just return it to me.

Obviously I am not alone in this warranty and repair situation. I have received emails from others in similar situation. One going back 2 years.

IMHO I don't think this kind of behavior should be rewarded by his fellow hams. You readers do as you like.

caveat emptor

73 N5UD Tony
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:15:50 AM »

It is indeed unfortunate.

The usual excuse form Bill has been his health problems. Then there was a move or two. After that, the excuse was the fact he now sells through distribution (AES and HRO both sell his products), and was way behind as a result. Now he's come full-circle, and is back to the health problems excuse. In the mean time, you about about 15 others (based on my in box) with similar problems are left holding the bag.

N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »

This is the first time in 47 years as a licensed radio operator that I have had this kind of trouble from a commercial enterprise.

I guess he ran out of excuses so stopped answering my calls and emails.

All that I wanted was just simply the return of the TT.

73 Tony N5UD
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:42:52 AM »

I considered buying one of those and am glad I haven't. OK if it works, money thrown away if it doesn't.

If a company sold them in the UK or EU I'd maybe buy one as I have protection of UK/EU consumer law. Sadly it appears that you have no such laws in the USA so even those buying from HRO etc are pretty much thrown to the wolves if there's a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: