Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: short wave listening as a hobby is finished.  (Read 36592 times)
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 11:15:23 AM »

N4OI
rodger on the "challenge" of pulling in those beamed in another direction-those account for from what I see, the majotity of them. To me that's the fun of it.
I cannot listen to cuba-man every other word is bashing America lol!
73s-Frank
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 05:05:51 PM »

uh..comma after "account for" and I misspelled "majoRity" sorry
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 08:34:53 AM »

'HFCRUSR', thanks for providing those links. I will listen out for these stations.

Kind Regards

Fred EI4GMB

'You can never plan the future by the past'

'Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.'

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
N3HAM

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »

Even though I have several ham rigs and nifty tiny portables to listen to, it's still fun to listen to the SW broadcast bands on old gear. Radio Australia an RNZI sound great on on an Hallicrafters. There is enough English broadcasting to occupy my attention span and SW will never die, just change.
N3HAM

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »

Sorry, I'm a bad proofreader. Meant "on an old Hallicrafters".
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »

'HFCRUSR', thanks for providing those links. I will listen out for these stations.

Kind Regards

Fred EI4GMB
EI4GMB
you're welcome Smiley They run very helpful SWL sites-both of them-I use them daily.
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 04:17:30 PM »

Even though I have several ham rigs and nifty tiny portables to listen to, it's still fun to listen to the SW broadcast bands on old gear. Radio Australia an RNZI sound great on on an Hallicrafters. There is enough English broadcasting to occupy my attention span and SW will never die, just change.
I agree! You just cannot knock Hallicrafters' rich audio-it just adds to the enjoyment.
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »

My first radio was a Hallicrafters S-40. Got it from a Elmer in my mom's church congregation. I'd been bugging her for a SW radio, but the prices gave her sticker shock. This was in 1986, when I was 12. The Halli was sitting in this guy's closet, so it was mine. I used it for a while, but eventually the dial cord broke, and the rectifier (they were using a 4 pin 80 tube as a rectifier in 1946, go figure) died. I never could get it to work right afterward-those radios were a bear to align. By that time I had a Realistic DX-440. Used that until I got a DX-396, and eventually a Degen 1102, domestic Chinese version. The 440 now resides with a family of Ukrainian immigrants, who listen to Russian domestics with it. The 396 went to Iraq with a welder of hillbilly armor.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: