The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two sources controlling one rig at the same time...  (Read 4679 times)
AC7CW

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2015, 11:46:39 AM »

I want to remote a rig that runs with GSDR software [which is modified PowerSDR]. I want to control it by remoting in to GSDR from my office via a laptop but I also want to tx/rx via a pair of ht's.  I can detect a PL at the remote end and use that as the keydown indication but how to interface to GSDR?

Tia and Cheers!
AC7CW
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:36:32 PM »

ehhh, never mind... I was thinking of hacking a keyboard and using the GSDR keyboard commands, etc... then it hit me: the radio has to have a ptt input somewhere! I think I'll interface the audio to the mic input and the PL signal to the ptt like all the normal people do... sometimes stuff is just over my head because of overthinking and sometimes it's way over my head...

Cheers!
AC7CW
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 07:46:53 PM »

Nope, I checked the radio, it does not have a ptt input, it has line-in and line-out. All the control is via GSDR. I don't want to do VOX, I hear people calling on a local repeater with VOX, their call never comes through in it's entirety so I don't answer them, too much hassle trying to figure what they are saying sometimes...

So far I've thought of hacking a keyboard and doing ptt by keyboard shortcuts. Is there some better way though? It has to be through the computer so it has to be via any input: keyboard is one, serial port, usb are the others afaik...
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 10:07:41 AM »

Have you considered merely running a remote session/desktop from PC on office laptop?

--------------------------------------
You can embrace new computing technology and change with it or cling to past and fall further behind everyday....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: