Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Self Supporting Tower in Ohio  (Read 837 times)
KD8BIW

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2012, 07:27:10 PM »

Hello All,  looking for a self supporting tower in the 40-80ft range.  Something close to Norwalk, OH (44851) preferred, but will travel a short distance to get it.  Just bought my first house and need a tower to get me station on the air without breaking the small bank.  I've got some stuff to trade if that helps: Laptops, repeater and radio equipment (Moto, GE, Midland, etc). I also have a Cushcraft A4S 10-15-20 meter beam I doubt I will ever use, it is in great condition and works FB! Used it last year for field day and it tuned like a dream on my TS570.  I would prefer something on the ground ready to pick up, but that can be discussed.  What do you have?  Thanks!!

73 de Steve KD8BIW
kd8biw'@'gmail.com
www.kd8biw.com
W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:27:25 PM »

Hello All,  looking for a self supporting tower in the 40-80ft range.  Something close to Norwalk, OH (44851) preferred, but will travel a short distance to get it.  Just bought my first house and need a tower to get me station on the air without breaking the small bank.  I've got some stuff to trade if that helps: Laptops, repeater and radio equipment (Moto, GE, Midland, etc). I also have a Cushcraft A4S 10-15-20 meter beam I doubt I will ever use, it is in great condition and works FB! Used it last year for field day and it tuned like a dream on my TS570.  I would prefer something on the ground ready to pick up, but that can be discussed.  What do you have?  Thanks!!

73 de Steve KD8BIW
kd8biw'@'gmail.com
www.kd8biw.com

Steve, there is an ebay seller, he is from Ohio also (Chagrin Falls), he has great prices on self supporting towers. user name is "oldtowerguy" and he has 100% positive feedback. Here is a Rohn 40 footer 25G for $632. If I lived closer,  I'd buy one of his. I may anyway.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320675163629?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

His ebay store is at:
http://stores.ebay.com/oldtowerguy?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

ARRL Life Member|QRZ Life Member
WV4L

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 06:47:31 AM »

Steve,

I saw a posting on TowerTalk this morning listing a tower in WV. Not sure how close this may be to you but it is a very good buy. Check the postings over there. I deleted the message, otherwise I could provide more info.

Wayne C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: