The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Very good deal...FT 891  (Read 7229 times)
K7WFM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 10:16:32 PM »

The FT-891 is a great rig at a great price but as with everything, there are a couple of small thorns but nothing serious Smiley.

I and my company are developing a control program for the FT-891 which allows quick & easy band and mode changing(overcomes the FT-891 LSB/USB switching problem), direct frequency entry, quick access favorites, full metering with selectable analog & digital modes, and many other features.

That is a very nice looking  program and I would like a copy too.
Is there a way to include a DC voltmeter in the display? The FT-891 only displays
voltage when it is initially turned on. A big drawback when running off of a battery.

KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 10:17:39 PM »

The FT-891 is a great rig at a great price but as with everything, there are a couple of small thorns but nothing serious Smiley.

I and my company are developing a control program for the FT-891 which allows quick & easy band and mode changing(overcomes the FT-891 LSB/USB switching problem), direct frequency entry, quick access favorites, full metering with selectable analog & digital modes, and many other features.

Is there a way to include a DC voltmeter in the display? The FT-891 only displays
voltage when it is initially turned on. A big drawback when running off of a battery.

I think you mean power out in Watts? If so, That is a very good idea....maybe also a way to adjust power output.
G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 06:07:56 AM »

I think you mean power out in Watts? If so, That is a very good idea....maybe also a way to adjust power output.

I think that is a seperate item.
My 817 and my XYL's 897 display supply voltage (in my case, at switch on)

73 de Tony
Windows 10:  Making me profane since March 2017
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 06:16:29 AM »

The 891 is the same way.
K7WFM

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 08:20:55 AM »

Yes. My FT-857D displays the DC supply voltage continually in the display. It's a very nice feature to monitor battery voltage. Not sure if this is a CAT data set though.

K7LZR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 08:40:14 AM »

Unfortunately not I'm afraid. The FT-891 does not supply operating voltage information within the CAT data Sad.
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 08:44:17 AM »

Unfortunately not I'm afraid. The FT-891 does not supply operating voltage information within the CAT data Sad.

Too bad.  I have gotten in the habit of turning it off and on once in a while to check the battery.  I guess a guy could always invest in one of those cheap tiny digital voltmeters.  Some are about 4 or 5 bucks.  One of those and a momentary pushbutton switch would solve it.
K7WFM

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 09:36:38 AM »

Too bad.  I have gotten in the habit of turning it off and on once in a while to check the battery.  I guess a guy could always invest in one of those cheap tiny digital voltmeters.  Some are about 4 or 5 bucks.  One of those and a momentary pushbutton switch would solve it.

That's what I've been doing.

I use mine with the remote head about 8 feet from
the RF unit which is buried under a cabinet.
G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 02:17:20 PM »

Yes. My FT-857D displays the DC supply voltage continually in the display. It's a very nice feature to monitor battery voltage. Not sure if this is a CAT data set though.

I wasn't 100% about the 897 however you're right, the 897 displays all the time (Or did until the display went silly)

73 de Tony
Windows 10:  Making me profane since March 2017
KB4MNG

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

Really looking forward to the software!
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 06:16:42 PM »

I almost want to buy just to carry around in my pocket. It's such a cutie.

Kraus
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: