Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen Heil HM-5 Dual Element Mic  (Read 12607 times)
N7QNO

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »

My home was burglarized recently, my shack survived mostly untouched but my Heil HM-5 dual element mic was disconnected and stolen from it's stand. It is the older style with the plastic PTT switch cover. The switch cover has been broken and repaired which should make this stolen item stand out from the rest. If you notice a similar item posted online or elsewhere particularly originating from Western Washington I would appreciate a reply or E-Mail listed in QRZ.com... TNX 73 Don N7QNO 
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »

My home was burglarized recently, my shack survived mostly untouched but my Heil HM-5 dual element mic was disconnected and stolen from it's stand. It is the older style with the plastic PTT switch cover. The switch cover has been broken and repaired which should make this stolen item stand out from the rest. If you notice a similar item posted online or elsewhere particularly originating from Western Washington I would appreciate a reply or E-Mail listed in QRZ.com... TNX 73 Don N7QNO  

Don, sounds like you got off easy. In any case, scout the local hamfests where they might show up. I always save my boxes, receipts, and serial numbers for this very reason. Best of luck.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:48:26 AM by N4NYY » Logged
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »

Is it April 1st already?Huh? You have got to be kidding, right? Nothing else was taken but a lousy microphone. Either you got some really dorky dumba$$ thieves in WA or someone is playing a trick on you. I would think even the stupidest thief would take enough to make the risk worthwhile. File it with the police and your insurance but probably the value won't meet your deductible???

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
N7QNO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 05:35:24 AM »

The Mic was the only thing stolen from the shack, I lost two guitars, a stereo and a few other items...A happy ending, I recovered all of my stolen items as the thieves were caught after being involved in a traffic accident that revealed their stolen "Booty"... Funny they didn't go after any of three HF Radios but I assume they simply didn't know what they were looking at...
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »

Glad you got your stuff back. Now if they only get the full punishment instead of a slap on the wrist. These type of crimes should be turned over to a citizens tribunal made of similarly affected victims for punishment. Bet there would be less repeats if so.

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 06:49:53 AM »

The Mic was the only thing stolen from the shack, I lost two guitars, a stereo and a few other items...A happy ending, I recovered all of my stolen items as the thieves were caught after being involved in a traffic accident that revealed their stolen "Booty"... Funny they didn't go after any of three HF Radios but I assume they simply didn't know what they were looking at...

That is why they stole the mic. They thought that was a mucisians' mic.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 07:25:20 AM »

With the high unemployment, burglaries will increase. This is a good time to review your home security and install those alarms and cameras you were putting off. I even have motion detectors outside that set off audible alarms to prevent "entry" damage and dangerous confrontations.   Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: