Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dual bugs - amazing!  (Read 3364 times)
AE5X

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »

Check out VR2UW:
http://www.ae5x.com/blog/2012/09/23/two-bugs-two-hands-one-qso/

John AE5X

N6GND

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »

Amazing, yet not. Sloppy sending, both hands. Frequent extra dits. Dit/dah ratio quite ugly.

On the other hand he's sending with a right-handed bug with his right hand and with a left-handed bug with his left. I think if I were (even to think about trying) to do this, I'd use two right-handed bugs.

The ultimate, however, and what I thought might be happening before I actually listened to the video, would be two simultaneous QSOs with two different stations. Hard to get that all into one neural network.
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:52:23 AM »

It's rather like a bear on a leash in a Russian park, who dances on command.

"It's not how WELL the bear dances: it's that the bear dances at all."

73 de Ray
W7ASA ..._ ._

K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:32:27 AM »

After two+ years, Youtube just restored the sound of Eleanor Powell tap dancing Morse and with BOTH FEET. Sound had been removed for copyright violations.

That's no Russian dancing bear, I'm sure you'll agree! She's often considered the greatest female tap dancer. Yes, the code is real.  Movie is from 1942. Morse starts around 1:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJAlgfkDKro
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 12:49:30 PM »

The ultimate, however, and what I thought might be happening before I actually listened to the video, would be two simultaneous QSOs with two different stations. Hard to get that all into one neural network.

A couple times in each contest while S&P I'll drop my call to one guy and get two guys coming back. When I copy them both and send my exchange, I get two QSO's in the time for one. (Assuming a no-serial number contest).

Admittedly copying two calls and exchanges simultaneously, is easy compared to sending two calls simultaneously :-).
N6GND

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »

After two+ years, Youtube just restored the sound of Eleanor Powell tap dancing Morse and with BOTH FEET. Sound had been removed for copyright violations.

That's no Russian dancing bear, I'm sure you'll agree! She's often considered the greatest female tap dancer. Yes, the code is real.  Movie is from 1942. Morse starts around 1:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJAlgfkDKro

Her code is of better quality than the bugs guy who might as well be keying with his feet. His speed, however, is superior.

I have half a mind to try using a bug with my feet. Would leave both hands free for the antenna switches and the antenna tuner knobs and crank.
WA8JXM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 08:47:02 AM »

I have half a mind to try using a bug with my feet. Would leave both hands free for the antenna switches and the antenna tuner knobs and crank.

Right or left foot (QLF)?   ;-)

(For those who do not recognize the prosign, QLF is "Now try sending with your left foot!", not generally a compliment on one's fist.)

Ken
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »

Right or left foot (QLF)?   ;-)
(For those who do not recognize the prosign, QLF is "Now try sending with your left foot!", not generally a compliment on one's fist.)
Ken

Probably the worst insult you could give to a military operator:  ZBM2.  For those who might not have a copy of ACP-131 handy, that means "Place a competent operator on this circuit."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:20:52 AM by K7KBN » Logged

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: