Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mounting head of a ICOM IC-2720H  (Read 1418 times)
KC9QQM

Ignore
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:32:57 AM »

Picked up a IC-2720h at the Peoria, IL hamfest last saturday and now am working on setting it up in my 2006 Ford Ranger. I will probably just put the radio under one of the seats but my question is if there is a good way to mount the head to the dashboard above the 2 center heat vents? I have the bracket for the head but would like not to drill unless I have to. Would velcro hold well with the cables for the mic and the main unit coming off of it? Looking for ideas.

Thanks and 73,

Jeff
KC9QQM
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:18:58 PM »

Go to my web site, and read the Installation article. You also might look in the Photo Gallery for some suggestions.

KQ6Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »

I've got my 2720H head mounted with Velcro in my Honda element - no problems in 3+ years. t was in another car for 6 years prior. It does not get any airflow, hot or cold. The original mike cord on the 2720H went intermittentearly on , replaced it with a Cat6 network patch cable - had to  loosen a screw on the mike to do the replacement.
KC9QQM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:54:53 AM »

Thanks and I have been to your site K0BG. I am planning on using Velcro also so incase I need to move things I can.

Jeff
KC9QQM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: