Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morse Machine software  (Read 442 times)
W3FLH

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2008, 04:36:08 PM »

Hello all,

I just found Morse Machine software (see the hompage here  http://downloads.tech-pro.net/morse-machine_tpmm01.html  ) and I'm very impressed by it.  It gives good, instant feedback, and I seem to be coming along better than with other programs I've tried.  There's very little info I can find about the program, so I've got a question:  What do the bar-levels indicate?  I'm not sure if a higher level on the graph is a good or bad sign...

Other than that, it seems to be working well for me, mostly because I like the interaction and it keeps me coming back (the most important parameter, right?).

Thanks in advance for your replies.

de Tony, W3FLH

KB8YHV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:59:47 AM »

The software doesn't generate completely random characters.  It is weighted toward characters that you've missed recently.  As you make mistakes the bars go up giving more weight to those characters, sending them more often.  As you get those characters correct the bars start to come down giving less weight to those characters, sending them less often...
W3FLH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 05:53:51 AM »

Thanks, Mike.  I thought that was how it worked, but I couldn't be positive.  I really appreciate your input.

FWIW, my code speed is coming along nicely, thanks to this software.  I actually found myself copying correctly on the keyboard last night without really "hearing" what was being sent; that's a first!  I've got the speed set at 26wpm, and the bars are getting lower every day...a little more practice and I'll have to get up the guts to go QRV!

Thanks again for replying.

de Tony, W3FLH
WQ3T

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 07:37:14 AM »

It sounds to me like you're ready to go QRV now.
W3FLH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »

WQ3T:
Stop it, Dave....you're scaring me!!!

Maybe in another week or so, if I'm not shaking too badly, I'll look you up for a sked! HI

de Tony, W3FLH
AE6RF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 10:04:09 AM »

I think you'll find that the ability to work through QRN, QRM and QSB are more important than raw CW speed.

And the best place to improve taht ability is on the air.

CU on 40m CW.

-Donald
W6ONV

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »

I just downloaded this and am going to give it a try. Currently I am using G4FON, but I would like to have this program as well, which will weight characters that are missed more often. I know all the characters if someone starts saying them, but now I need to actually understand what I am hearing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: