Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC Petition to Void antenna restrictions has 4150 signature with 3 days left  (Read 57072 times)
N4UM

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:56:54 AM »

The online petition asking the FCC to void existing antenna restrictions by developers and HOAs and requesting that "reasonable accomodations" be made has received 4150 signatures.  This petition is also going to Congress. The petition will remain active until September 30.  Please check the petition out by clicking on the link listed below and consider signing if you haven't done so already.  Only three more days remain.

http://www.change.org/petitions/federal-communications-commission-void-antenna-restrictions-by-homeowner-s-associations-and-developers
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:03:09 PM »

Good Luck!

I wish the petition well. Thugh iam afraid it will receive the same treatment as those that went before it. It will be acknowledged and dismissed. The FCC won't act on this until forced to by congress.

KF7CG
K1WJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »

Done, Hope this makes a difference - HOA Bull Shit...........73 K1WJ David Cool
K7TBY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »

Total waste of time and effort.
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 05:53:01 AM »

I received the following information from change.org regarding the petition which closed yesterday

Your petition, The U.S. Senate: Void antenna restrictions by homeowner's associations and developers, is now closed. Supporters may no longer sign your petition.

Since Apr 09, 2012 you sent 4372 letters toThe U.S. Senate, The U.S. House of Representatives, Sen. John Kerry (MA), Rep. Greg Walden (OR-02), and Federal Communications Commission speaking up for The U.S. Senate: Void antenna restrictions by homeowner's associations and developers.

Thanks to those of you who signed.
KD4SBY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »

I am affraid I have to agree with you, but good luck anyway.
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »

Yes it is and was
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 01:12:38 PM »

Well I see things a bit differently.  I think your posts telling everyone that my activities were a total waste of time and effort are themselves an even bigger "waste of time and effort!" 

Aside from that...it was my time and my effort so what's it to you guys anyway?  Smiley
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 02:41:18 PM »

Well I see things a bit differently.  I think your posts telling everyone that my activities were a total waste of time and effort are themselves an even bigger "waste of time and effort!"  

Aside from that...it was my time and my effort so what's it to you guys anyway?  Smiley

HOA issues have no impact on me. My property is MY property and there is NO HOA or CC&R's anywhere around me. What you do in your efforts to thwart HOA's means nothing to me (and probably to the FCC too?) but if it gives you a 'big warm and fuzzy' - go for it.

BUT if you don't want comments on things you do, then don't post on an open public forum like eHAM or QRZ. Seems kind of foolish to think that everyone who reads your posting is going to sing your praises over this topic. But like you said, it's your time, so use it as you see fit. I'd just suggest that you might wear a light flak jacket when doing it around here!  Wink

My best advice, as obvious as it sounds, is "To avoid HOA interference in YOUR amateur radio activities, do those activities where HOA's have no say".

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 02:48:14 PM »

Well I see things a bit differently.  I think your posts telling everyone that my activities were a total waste of time and effort are themselves an even bigger "waste of time and effort!"  

Aside from that...it was my time and my effort so what's it to you guys anyway?  Smiley

HOA issues have no impact on me. My property is MY property and there is NO HOA or CC&R's anywhere around me. What you do in your efforts to thwart HOA's means nothing to me (and probably to the FCC too?) but if it gives you a 'big warm and fuzzy' - go for it.

BUT if you don't want comments on things you do, then don't post on an open public forum like eHAM or QRZ. Seems kind of foolish to think that everyone who reads your posting is going to sing your praises over this topic. But like you said, it's your time, so use it as you see fit. I'd just suggest that you might wear a light flak jacket when doing it around here!  Wink

My best advice, as obvious as it sounds, is "To avoid HOA interference in YOUR amateur radio activities, do those activities where HOA's have no say".

I agree...that says it all. I think he just listed his remorse here and hoped all would jump on his bandwagon..Hey thats fine but there will be many who disagree with you and thats their right.
It wont happen, the FCC wont have it happen and Washington wont either. I live in a condo for 15years..I have 8Band DXCC and #1  honor roll..it is possible.....
Get over yourself
K7TBY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 05:16:56 PM »

If you want to change HOAs or CC&Rs, do it from within or move. Those are your two best options IMO.
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 07:06:41 PM »

To my small number of persistently vocal  detractors...

My sincere thanks for your well meaning advice, criticism and comments.  You've done a good job in helping to keep the pot bubbling on the HOA/antenna restrictions issue.   I honestly appreciate your efforts.  I really do mean that.  Thanks also to the 4372 petitioners who saw things differently than you.  Oscar Wilde wrote something along the lines of "The only thing worse than having people talk about you ...is having people not talk about you."  Thanks for talking about me!
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 04:44:52 PM »

To my small number of persistently vocal  detractors...

My sincere thanks for your well meaning advice, criticism and comments.  You've done a good job in helping to keep the pot bubbling on the HOA/antenna restrictions issue.   I honestly appreciate your efforts.  I really do mean that.  Thanks also to the 4372 petitioners who saw things differently than you.  Oscar Wilde wrote something along the lines of "The only thing worse than having people talk about you ...is having people not talk about you."  Thanks for talking about me!

Cool...4372 out of hundreds of thousands.....4372 whiners, 3/4 who dont live in HOA's and old farts with buyers remorse..Good luck and 73
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »

AC7DX... Thanks AGAIN!
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 10:58:02 AM »

He is what he is.... and I meant what I said about helping to keep the pot bubbling.  It's all up to congress now.  (God help us all!)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: