Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SARK 110 Antenna analyzer with color screen .1-200 Mhz $330  (Read 15891 times)
EA1EVR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 02:22:01 PM »

Hello,

This is the second antenna analyzer designed by EA4FRB. SARK-100 was the first one. Now you can find a new and free firmware with new design of the menu boxes and a new screen for using of the analyzer outside and new traces was added.
      Best regards.

EA1EVR - Javi -
N4JTE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »

Hope for that money your antenna plans exceed a dipole or G5RV, hi
Bob
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 09:40:34 AM »

I placed my order yesterday. For those of you here in the U.S., how long did it take to receive your analyzer?

Tnx,
Dale W4OP
N0SA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »

I placed my order on Jan 5th.
It has been shipped but has not arrived yet.
Hopefully soon though. I am really looking forward to using it.
Larry
n0sa
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 08:04:04 PM »

Do any of you know of a reasonably priced calibration BNC set Open/Short/Termination?

From memory, my type N HP set was over $700 some years back.

Dale W4OP

N0SA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 02:03:26 PM »

Do any of you know of a reasonably priced calibration BNC set Open/Short/Termination?

From memory, my type N HP set was over $700 some years back.

Dale W4OP

The Sark manual has part numbers and descriptions for building your own set
of calibration loads.
Very simple actually, you just need to keep the leads short and they
suggest surface mount resistors.
Larry
n0sa
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 04:06:15 PM »

The feature that I have found the most useful on antenna analyzers or VNA's is a bluetooth connection.

Having a nice light small analyzer that you can attach to the feedpoint and then sweep from your table or laptop is very handy. It also produces much more accurate results.

The developer of this product should consider adding bluetooth.
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 06:26:17 PM »

If, as I hope, you can move the reference plane to the end of the coax, as  most SNA's and VNA's can, then that is even more convenient. If the cable loss is low, it's as good as having the analyzer at the feedpoint.
Larry- has yours arrived yet?
Dale W4OP
N0SA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 02:58:21 PM »

If, as I hope, you can move the reference plane to the end of the coax, as  most SNA's and VNA's can, then that is even more convenient. If the cable loss is low, it's as good as having the analyzer at the feedpoint.
Larry- has yours arrived yet?
Dale W4OP
Mine just arrived today in fine shape.
Playing with it a bit I am pretty impressed so far.
It is really tiny but that is what I want for taking on hiking trips with my KX3.
And, yes you can calibrate a length of cable out to simulate the analyzer being at the antenna.
Larry
n0sa
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 04:07:51 PM »

Thanks for the update Larry. My order was placed on the 9th- so looks like next week for mine.
Still using one of your early paddles as my favorite.

Dale W4OP
AE5QB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 04:44:53 PM »

Looks like a descent unit.  I own the Array Solutions AIM UHF and it is simply awesome.  But I wouldn't want to haul it up the side of a mountain for a SOTA activation.  This one looks very nicely portable.  But on the other hand, one shouldn't really need an antenna analyzer on the top of the mountain.  If everything is checked out properly before the hike, there should not be any surprises.  And if there are, you probably won't have the tools and pieces to fix it anyway.

Keep us posted, please.  I am eager to hear about what this one can do.

ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 06:46:42 PM »

I have AIM as well as VNWA. What I like most is the clean simple layout of the AIM software. If the VNWA software had such a  clean and simple software interface like AIM, I am sure it  would be more popular.
I think the complexity of the VNWA software  puts a lot of hams off.  The VNWA is a very powerful instrument that delivers everything that the VNA 2180 offers and some more at a bargain price.
At the end of the day a instrument that can have a dual role as a simple analyzer and  then as a powerful VNA is the best approach, this can easily be done in software. The VNA2180 is   a very expensive
instrument. The VNWA and MiniVnaPro offer much better value for money and they are both 2 port instruments.

Looks like a descent unit.  I own the Array Solutions AIM UHF and it is simply awesome.  But I wouldn't want to haul it up the side of a mountain for a SOTA activation.  This one looks very nicely portable.  But on the other hand, one shouldn't really need an antenna analyzer on the top of the mountain.  If everything is checked out properly before the hike, there should not be any surprises.  And if there are, you probably won't have the tools and pieces to fix it anyway.

Keep us posted, please.  I am eager to hear about what this one can do.

N0SA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »

Thanks for the update Larry. My order was placed on the 9th- so looks like next week for mine.
Still using one of your early paddles as my favorite.

Dale W4OP

I thought your call looked familiar. Glad to hear you still use the paddle.
I still make them on a limited basis since I retired last year.
So far I am still impressed with the Sark110. I also have an AIM 4170 and I like it a lot.
It is a pain to drag it outside even though I do use a netbook computer with it.
The Sark has everything I want in a small handheld device and it updates/rescans pretty darn fast.
I have been doing a lot of experimenting with small mag loops and it works great for that application.
If it works tight in for small loops it should work well with about any type of antenna.
  I did make a screen protector for it today as the screen cover is plastic and not glass.
My only complaint so far and it is very minor is that it is hard to hold onto the BNC connector to
install or remove the connector on the other side. I plan to make a small knurled piece to install
on the connector so I can get a grip on it.
 This is a very minor complaint and easily fixed in a variety of ways.
There is tons of info on displayed the screen and many options for what is displayed in the scans.
It is easy and fast to change functions and very easy to understand how to use it.
So far I give it a five thumbs up.
Larry
n0sa
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »

My SARK just arrived- spectacular. What are others using for charging the unit. I seem to have every sized USB connector except the one this unit uses.

Tnx,
Dale W4OP
N0SA

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »

I just got a notice from Jay WX0B at Array Solutions.
He has informed me that Melchor EA4FRB has pirated the patented software
in the AIM4170C. Jay told me that Melchor has admitted to him that he did
indeed pirate Jay's patented software.
 I find this to be very troubling and tried to contact Melchor to hear if
he had any comments but he does not respond back.
I guess that answered my question.
Larry
n0sa
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: