Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the number given after signal report in ssb contest how do i find my number?  (Read 1372 times)
KC9VYX

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2012, 10:20:41 AM »

new ham not a contester and would like to make a few contacts with some dx stations and getin there log book and help them get points i think my number is my ITU-8 area? 08 my QTH is wisconsin thanks KC9VYX
PD2R

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »

You need to google for CQ-zone map and find out what zone you live in.
73 and good luck!

Maarten PD2R
@PI4DX
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »

Wisconsin would be zone 4
KC9VYX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 12:08:50 PM »

thank you all very much i am in zone 04 l stumbled to the CQ contesting world zone map after opening a CQ e-mail about hurricane sandy and net at 14.325 and contesters to try not to interfer with hurricane  net having a great time working the dx stations thanks all again KC9VYX Grin
KC9TNH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 03:00:03 PM »

thank you all very much i am in zone 04 l stumbled to the CQ contesting world zone map after opening a CQ e-mail about hurricane sandy and net at 14.325 and contesters to try not to interfer with hurricane  net having a great time working the dx stations thanks all again KC9VYX Grin
That was nice they mentioned that. Now if they (along with ARRL and other region organizers, et al) would only back up their rhetoric regarding GCOA frequencies acknowledged since 2005 by all 3 IARU regions...
 Roll Eyes

Wes -KC9TNH
"Don't get treed by a chihuahua." - Pete
KASSY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »

That was nice they mentioned that. Now if they (along with ARRL and other region organizers, et al) would only back up their rhetoric regarding GCOA frequencies acknowledged since 2005 by all 3 IARU regions...
 Roll Eyes

Contests do not conflict with GCOA.  Contesters are required to clear the frequency when it is required during an actual emergency.  Such behavior has happened before, e.g. Katrina.  There is no such requirement when an emergency is not being conducted.  Even though I have not been a ham for long, I have heard a contester move when told "An emergency is underway on this frequency, please be considerate".  But - if there's no active emergency, then the frequencies are not saved "in case there might be one".

- k
KB5ZSM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »

KASSY, Technically you may be correct but you have the wrong attitude. When you have nets set up to handle emergencies like 14,300 maritime mobile net or 14,325 for hurricane Sandy, does it make sense that they should have to waste precious time trying to clear the frequency to be able to assist in emergency communications? Point #2 - If an emergency does arise and other stations are contesting on or near those frequencies, a call for help may never be heard!
My thoughts may be hogwash but they make sense to me. I think the best amateur practice is to just stay clear of frequencies like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: