Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Several JT65 RB questions  (Read 2841 times)
W6TGE

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2012, 02:44:55 PM »

I was wondering about a few RB's online.

I registered here..http://jt65.w6cqz.org/receptions.php and now I can see the reports, but they scroll off fast. So, If I call CQ, how do I see if anyone heard me? I assume I am the TX station.

Also, when I go to PSKREPORTER.INFO and look at the map, can I put my call in and ONLY see the stations who heard me?

These questions seem simple but when I do go to the map there seems to be too much there.

Also, when on the w6cqz lists I can see when I am in a contact with someone my call is showing in RX and the person I am working is in TX but I do not see me in TX. Does that mean that no one is hearing me?
AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »

Here's who to clean up the pskreporter map:

On the pskreporter.info map page, select the "sent by" option on the combo box widget at the top. Enter your call sign in the blank field. Click the go button. If anyone has heard you in JT65HF and have their pskreporter setting configured correctly, you should see your signal spotted on the map, and only your signal. If you have just started be patient. It can take several minutes before spots get posted.

If you want to see who you've heard, select "rcvd by" instead of "sent by".
W6TGE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »

OK, I think my problem was that I saw all those "PINS" and knew they did not hear me. I did see one that said 22hrs (I selected last 24 hours) and when I hovered over it I was there. So, if I look a few minutes after a CQ, will it show a time near the PIN? I will try now.
W6TGE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »

Great...it works.

I cut a quick 15M dipole, hung it as an L in my room and called CQ and it shows a lot of stations heard me. Then I tried to answer a CQ from Japan and logged it! I am only running about 10 watts out as the rig/antenna are in the same room and it gets into my computer if I go much higher in power!
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:22:29 PM »

My rule for digital modes:

. . . The first QSO is the hardest.

It'll be easy from now on.

"RF in the shack" is the bane of apartment antennas.  Mine is in the attic, and every wire in my shack (one floor below) has a ferrite (or two) on it.

Good luck!

Charles
W6TGE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »

My rule for digital modes:

. . . The first QSO is the hardest.

It'll be easy from now on.

"RF in the shack" is the bane of apartment antennas.  Mine is in the attic, and every wire in my shack (one floor below) has a ferrite (or two) on it.

Good luck!

Charles

Thanks Charles. Well, I have an R5 I had great results with before I moved to Portland, OR. I plan to put it up soon. I have not tried PSK31 yet, but can listen with digipan, but want to be able to run more than 10 watts...or at least wait for the outside antenna.

'73,
Dave

I wonder about awards as the ARRL will not take eQSL...only LoTW. So far all 3 of my JT65 contacts have been eQSL. I thought that JA would at least be LoTW.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: