About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTW  (Read 63755 times)
K4JK

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »

Lately, my "Most Recent QSLs" is showing old qsl's I have from years ago, and my QSL records count has been a constant.
That most likely means people you have worked and confirmed are uploading duplicate copies of their logs.

ex W4HFK
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »

Lately, my "Most Recent QSLs" is showing old qsl's I have from years ago, and my QSL records count has been a constant.

That's odd...  I have been getting a mix of old QSL's as well...  Some 2 years old, and one from 2006...  I just figured that the persons uploaded finally...  I have not been watching my total counts though...

73's

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2012, 06:28:27 AM »

Well, I knew I would lose my temper eventually.  My upload of the 29th is STILL not processed.  ARRL, IF you are reading this (which I doubt), either FIX THE G.D. THING OR TAKE IT OFF LINE AND JUST START OVER. Kinda like a cell phone company using two tin cans and a string/

Gene AF3Y
N4OGW

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »

One of the problems is that very little status is given on LOTW about just what the system is doing other than a generic "x days behind" news. A display showing the number of unprocessed files would be great.

Uploaded files should also be shown in your "Log Book Activity" as soon you upload them. Right now no status on a file is given until after it is processed.

Tor
N4OGW
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »

Well, I knew I would lose my temper eventually.  My upload of the 29th is STILL not processed.  ARRL, IF you are reading this (which I doubt), either FIX THE G.D. THING OR TAKE IT OFF LINE AND JUST START OVER. Kinda like a cell phone company using two tin cans and a string/

Gene AF3Y

From the last (Dec. 3rd) update on the LoTW web site:

"Thanks for your patience."    Grin Grin Grin Grin
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2012, 09:33:27 AM »

I just had the QSO's I uploaded on the 28th get processed.  And my PT0S QSO from the 20th is confirmed.  LoTW confirmed it today (12-4-2012 at 0205z).  So for me it is 6 days behind, which may cheer you up if you are waiting less than 6 days.  (Looks like my original upload was lost, but the one I re-did on the 28th has now been processed)

upon further review, I am fairly sure I was a day off and that my QSO's that the system processed on the 4th were uploaded on the 27th not the 28th which means the system was 7 days behind (at least) 2.5 days ago...

I keep checking to see if the LoTW status gets updated to reflect it being 7 to 10 days behind, but so far it still says 5...
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2012, 09:43:04 AM »

Kinda like a cell phone company using two tin cans and a string/

[sarcasm mode:] cheer up Gene, they have already put in process a plan to upgrade the string  Grin

AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »

Kinda like a cell phone company using two tin cans and a string/

[sarcasm mode:] cheer up Gene, they have already put in process a plan to upgrade the string  Grin

I KNOW, I KNOW..... (we used to use candle wax Cheesy)

Gene AF3Y
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »

I keep checking to see if the LoTW status gets updated to reflect it being 7 to 10 days behind, but so far it still says 5...

sought LoTW status update now posted:

Quote from: LoTW home page
Dec 6, 2012: LoTW Log Processing is About 7 Days Behind -- For more information on what has been happening with LoTW lately, please see this news item.  NEW... The bug that was causing the problem has been fixed.  But there is still a large queue of logs steadily being processed.  Thanks for your patience.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2012, 05:14:40 PM »

ARRL blames it on people submitting batch logs and they claim the program was written for users to upload daily or weekly.  I've been an off and on user for 7 years and a serious user within the past 5 years and don't beleive the system sufferred tis kind of issue.  Only after ARRL incorporated the WPX program since the ARRL are only after money.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »

I have found many times over the years that something stupid that a programmer does works fine on a small quantity of data and grinds to a halt with massive data. This is where systems analysis comes in, identifies the bottleneck and recommends a fix.

I work on systems with massive amounts of data at work every day. Two years ago, our business partners came to us and asked us to look at some software that was running slowly, the programmer that was contracted to write it was long gone. We did data analysis, performed some advanced changes to the SQL code (still did the same exact thing, though) and got a 15000% speed increase. Now what took hours takes seconds. We changed the batch timer that used to run every 5 minutes (and was skipping 3 to 10 of those 5 minute periods before the next one started) to running once a minute with 90% of the minute to spare.

So either the LoTW server side software is well written and tuned and the hardware is not up to the task or there is some combination of software and hardware bottleneck that is not being addressed.

This is definitely a solvable problem. All it takes is the desire, backing and talent to get it done.

73 de N4CR, Phil

We are Coulomb of Borg. Resistance is futile. Voltage, on the other hand, has potential.
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »

Unbelievable...The ARRL LOTW site now states that processing is running about 7 days behind:

"Dec 6, 2012: LoTW Log Processing is About 7 Days Behind -- For more information on what has been happening with LoTW lately, please see this news item."

If this were happening in a mission critical environment in Silicon Valley someone's
head would be on a pike!

73 de harry, W6DXO

NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »

Unbelievable...The ARRL LOTW site now states that processing is running about 7 days behind:

"Dec 6, 2012: LoTW Log Processing is About 7 Days Behind -- For more information on what has been happening with LoTW lately, please see this news item."

If this were happening in a mission critical environment in Silicon Valley someone's
head would be on a pike!

73 de harry, W6DXO

But its not - its about QSO confirmations for a bunch of hams.  Grin

Still waiting on CQWWCW processing. 10 meter contest about to start in about 4.5 hours.

WA0CRI

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2012, 01:01:02 PM »

They're running a lot more than 7 days behind.  My last successful log update was November 24 .  .  .
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »

head would be on a pike!

73 de harry, W6DXO

But its not - its about QSO confirmations for a bunch of hams.  Grin

Still waiting on CQWWCW processing. 10 meter contest about to start in about 4.5 hours.

"Houston - - -   WE HAVE A PROBLEM"   Grin

Gene AF3Y
Pages: Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: