Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LoTW Queued For Processing Question  (Read 1263 times)
WF7BSR

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »

I submitted my first log to LoTW this morning, approx 3 minutes ago (first time user)...after signing in, locating the proper log on my computer and submitting it, I got a message saying the log was queued for processing.  While logging in I'd seen a message saying the system had approx 43 hours worth of logs queued already...my question:

Do I have to keep my computer turned on and connected to the LoTW site until it finally pulls the log from my computer, or has it already been uploaded to them and I can now disconnect?  (I don't get along well with computers and know little about how all that uploading/downloading, etc. works...sorry)

Thank you for your time and assistance;
Raymond - WF7BSR
K4JK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:31:42 AM »

When you get that message, it's been uploaded... No need to keep your computer on.

ex W4HFK
KF6ABU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »

You already submitted it, your job is done. they have the data now.
WF7BSR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »

Thank you for replies...is the 40-plus hours of queued logs the norm, or because it has been busted for the passed few days?
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 10:39:08 AM »

The backlog is due to the CQ WW contest--the system routinely slows down when a big DX contest ends.  A clever thing you can do, if you are the typical DXer, is to upload most, if not all, of your log before the contest ends.  That upload will be processed very quickly.
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »

Several days is becoming the norm for LoTW processing. This current 40 hour delay indicates they probably haven't done much to actually fix their infrastructure. The delays are just going to get longer as the database gets bigger and more people start using it.
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 03:54:27 PM »

Several days is becoming the norm for LoTW processing. This current 40 hour delay indicates they probably haven't done much to actually fix their infrastructure. The delays are just going to get longer as the database gets bigger and more people start using it.

This is true, but only after large contests such as SS or WW.  As a regular LoTW user, I upload after every operating stint where I have at least a few QSOs, usually about 3 to 5 times per week.  When I check later in the day, then for the vast majority of times the file is already processed and, hopefully, I have a few new band fills.  You're correct, these contests create a huge burden on the infrastructure and currently it isn't getting any better.  73, Rich, K3VAT
WV4L

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 05:17:52 PM »

This is true, but only after large contests such as SS or WW.  As a regular LoTW user, I upload after every operating stint where I have at least a few QSOs, usually about 3 to 5 times per week.  When I check later in the day, then for the vast majority of times the file is already processed and, hopefully, I have a few new band fills.  You're correct, these contests create a huge burden on the infrastructure and currently it isn't getting any better.  73, Rich, K3VAT

[/quote]

Yeppers, What Rich said is true. I normally upload on a monthly basis and make a note of what date I last uploaded. Of course If I do a contest where there are a lot of entries I will go ahead and do a contest upload.

Your question is a good one.  I too had the same worry when I first started using LOTW.  Just like the others have indicated, once you get the message that the upload is there your'e good to go.  One just has to wait to see when the upload finally posts.

Wayne C.
WV4L
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:22:01 PM by WV4L » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: