Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scorpion 680 finally installed  (Read 1347 times)
WN2C

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »

I finished installing the Scorpion 680 and IC-7000.  I will be on the road heading to NJ Saturday.  I know I have problems on 40 running 100 watts but not on 75. Radio shuts off and the oil and gas gauge go down. Reduced power to 50 and everything is ok.  Must be getting some common mode coming in, just not sure where yet  Huh.  I am using the radio head remotely, maybe it is there.  I'll post a review when I get back.  Hope to hear some of you on the bands. I do know one thing and that is it is plug and play.  I got on 20 when I got done and worked a guy in Chicago.  He gave me an S9 signal report and good audio w/ the stock mike.  See you on the air.

73 de wn2c  Rick
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:26:34 PM »

Nice choice of antenna and radio!

There's probably a few things you can do to solve the problem, because don't care who you are you'll need to use process of elimination to solve it 100%. Hope you figure it out, but you'll have no problems making QSO's with only 50 watts.

Check out my YouTube video on setting your transmit band width for SSB and FM if you're not familiar with that yet. You'll get much improved audio reports after the proper settings. I own two IC-7000's and love them. Safe driving and will look for you on the road.

YouTube search....N2RRAny

73!
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 03:53:15 AM »

It's common mode. It is either the motor lead choke being to few wraps, of no coax common mode choke. Visit my web site for the answers.

M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 04:55:11 AM »

Also as it is an Icom 7000, it is of utmost importance that the little grub screw that holds the separation cable to the main body is used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: