Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM MV DXing forum  (Read 9299 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2012, 04:49:06 AM »

Can you guys add the AM MW DXing to the SWL listening forum title? There is a pretty large following for this, but not listed on any forum.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 07:50:29 AM »

I second the motion, and I'd take it a step further...

Revise the SWL Forum header to the ' Listening ' Forum covering SWL, AM BCB, FM BCB, Beacons, Utility or other subsets of the radio reception arts.

Suggested Title: SWL (Shortwave) & DX Broadcast Listening

Tune 'em if ya' got 'em...........

Never change a password on a Friday                
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 08:44:26 AM »

Got the Zenith 755M today. Should be an easy one.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:37:53 AM »

Should be, but I can see one thing wrong with this picture.......... You're the dude working on it!

BTW:  The neighbor tried to throw out a wheelbarrow that's in better shape than mine. Mine is over 25 years old and was touched by an angel. The angel of rust. His was missing the front wheel but otherwise solid. Long story short, I saved the last Harbor Freight flyer and found a $3.99 coupon for a 10" wheel that looks exactly like what you'd use on a wheelbarrow. Spent $5.74 this morning and walked out with a wheel, $1.99 four pack of Thunderbolt CR-2032 batteries (Magnum Edition), and a free Cen-Tech 7 function digital multimeter.

It has been unusually warm here (mid 70's) but had it been colder I could have worn a long coat and walked out with even more. Regardless, I'm happy with the deal 'cuz there's nothing better than a Cen-Tech DMM......... (except for a Fluke, HP, Amprobe, Simpson, Triplett or even a craptastic Extech)

Never change a password on a Friday                
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:03:40 PM »

GROOVY idea !!!
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:10:37 PM »

I've tried to stir discussion of long wave listening topics there, which is appropriate given ham radio's impending allocation below the U.S. AM broadcast band. Agree the forum title needs improvement.

Missing especially is technical discussion of MW/LW listening. As for antennas, most listener types tend to fall for whatever costly commercial antenna promises the greatest miracle.    
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »

I've tried to stir discussion of long wave listening topics there, which is appropriate given ham radio's impending allocation below the U.S. AM broadcast band. Agree the forum title needs improvement.

Missing especially is technical discussion of MW/LW listening. As for antennas, most listener types tend to fall for whatever costly commercial antenna promises the greatest miracle.    

Maybe someone should call the BC band the 180-600 meter band. Maybe folks will get the idea that the right solution is a big 'honkin antenna.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: