Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A complete and total disgrace last night on 40 meters  (Read 4482 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2012, 03:09:24 AM »

....I think most of you know what I am talking about....the PT0S episode on 40 ssb last night was evidence that some people are a justification for the use of eugenics!.....These people are a criminal element with their maliciousness.....what an ignorant display and yet another ham radio dxing black eye.....their arguement was that PT0S was bogarting most of the subband.....If that's the case, they need to send PT0S an e-mail venting their problem.....But no...they had to be neanderthal about it......further evidence that the missing link has been found.....I have yet to work PT0S as a result of this lidism.....I hope that in the coming days (when hopefully things will thin out) that this nonsense will cease......then again, I may be fooling myself......

V
KA3NRX

WS4T

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 04:09:03 AM »

I didn't hear that particular pile-up, but I know exactly what you mean. Things seem to be getting even worse of late. Reams of deaf morons calling constantly, accompanied by the malicious QRMers and their colleagues, the numb-skull police who must send "UP IDIOT" instead of just "UP".

I keep having the recurrent thought that DXing (these pile-up situations) ranks number 1 among human endeavors for the level of stupidity that it evokes. Can anyone else think of an activity that attracts more idiots?

Fortunately, my radio has a power switch and I use it frequently.   Grin
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:16:54 AM »

....I think most of you know what I am talking about....the PT0S episode on 40 ssb last night was evidence that some people are a justification for the use of eugenics!.....These people are a criminal element with their maliciousness.....what an ignorant display and yet another ham radio dxing black eye.....their arguement was that PT0S was bogarting most of the subband.....If that's the case, they need to send PT0S an e-mail venting their problem.....But no...they had to be neanderthal about it......further evidence that the missing link has been found.....I have yet to work PT0S as a result of this lidism.....I hope that in the coming days (when hopefully things will thin out) that this nonsense will cease......then again, I may be fooling myself......

V
KA3NRX

Vince, isnt it interesting that most of these cave dweller baboons are from NC, SC, GA, TENN, AL, ARK, etc. etc.  I see that a lot of those states want to leave the union. Go ahead, leave, and leave your ham tickets AND YOUR RIGS at the state line. (sorry for the semi-political rant. please forgive me Huh)

73, Gene AF3Y

73, Gene AF3Y

KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 09:28:23 AM »

I listened to that debacle last night. It had to be the worst I have ever heard in my 20+ years of being a ham. What a mess that was.
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:33:23 AM »

Last night was a cluster!

My XYL was listening and said something like: "Is it always like this?"

Yikes.

gl de harry, W6DXO
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »

Vince, isnt it interesting that most of these cave dweller baboons are from NC, SC, GA, TENN, AL, ARK, etc. etc.  I see that a lot of those states want to leave the union. Go ahead, leave, and leave your ham tickets AND YOUR RIGS at the state line. (sorry for the semi-political rant. please forgive me Huh)

73, Gene AF3Y

I apologize for getting political as well. I voted for the losing candidate and I dislike many of this President's policies but I really find this secession talk repugnant and unpatriotic. We had a close election and Obama won.  Like him, or not, he is our President for the next 4 years.  We went down this road 150 years ago and cousin killing cousin is about as ugly as it gets.

Chris/NU1O
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:51:36 PM »

V
KA3NRX

73, Gene AF3Y

73, Gene AF3Y

Hey I live here!!!!! (Tennessee) Fortunately I live in Knoxville, an oasis in an otherwise desert of anti-intellectualism. (The blue spot on an otherwise red map) Which is why I rarely leave the city limits. Grin I keep telling these people there's an airport right down the road, From there a short flight to ATL and you can go to any country you want.  Grin But sadly they are still here. Sad

Back to radio - A wind storm brought down the windom, so no low bands tonight. I need to make repairs tomorrow.
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 04:54:41 PM »

Geno:

Remember....Assholes come in all shapes, sizes, colors, races, religions, nationalities, sexual orientations, geographic locations and political persuasions......What a world.....

V
KA3NRX

K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »

....I think most of you know what I am talking about....the PT0S episode on 40 ssb last night <snip> .....I have yet to work PT0S as a result of this lidism.....I hope that in the coming days (when hopefully things will thin out) that this nonsense will cease......then again, I may be fooling myself...... V KA3NRX

Yes, many know that it seems that lidism (I love that word, you should get an award for coining it) is on the increase - how unfortunate.  I ONLY work SSB if I absolutely need to (either for ATNO or mode-country).

I have stated on this reflector before that I believe part of the problem is that many DXPeditions operate nearly exclusively on the General portion of the band for the vast majority of the entire operation. (nothing against Generals).  If they would operate from the Extra Class portion (for those bands where it is appropriate), at least for the first 1/3rd of their operation, their rates would increase and folks would be happier.  Bad frequency management is part of the blame.  73, Rich, K3VAT
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 06:44:21 PM »

And it's usually us Europeans that are blamed for QRM,

I've never heard EU QRM as bad as what was on 40 last night, and all over some stupid nets,

Why couldn't they just go up over 200 and leave the DX alone

I don't agree with PT0S taking 50khz of BW ht the level of QRM was uncalled for

Trevor
EI2GLB
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 06:50:29 PM »

Fortunately I live in Knoxville, an oasis in an otherwise desert of anti-intellectualism.

Sounds like West Berlin during the Cold War.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 02:44:02 AM »

Fortunately I live in Knoxville, an oasis in an otherwise desert of anti-intellectualism.

Sounds like West Berlin during the Cold War.

Grin Grin Grin Just having fun with the Rs. But you definitely know when you leave the city. In the meantime I'm hoping for a nice day to get the windom back up. I still need PT0S - it looks like they are going to participate in the CQWW which is nice.
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 06:15:22 AM »

that would be nice. Atleast there is a chance to get an 80m cw that way.

I asked the 20m ssb op this Am about 80m and he said that they will be on this evening.
So fingers crossed.

Krish
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »

I am glad I got worked them 3 times on the morning of the 13th. Two times was 40M ! S9 +, BOOMING as the big guns say.

40M has been that way for years. Those netters are in place, so...... just don't QRM them.

The DX stations should know this, and do a better job of frequency (crowd) control.

Their signal here on higher bands has been next to NIL !

73 Tony N5UD /M
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »

I recently moved to a HOA community and left my Hex and BigIR at my old QTH to be dismantled and sold.  Set up my 20m PAR end fed to listen via antenna tuner and I heard the insanity.  Turned off the rig and watched scooby-doo with my son.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: