Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shocking Repeater Language and Behavior!!  (Read 6110 times)
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »

What the heck has happened to us as a race? I don't mean skin color, I mean the human race. Are we so far detached and lacking morals that listening to someone talk like a pig exciting? Is it funny? I know some people would blame it all on culture and being desensitized through media. Blame music and film and television but, when did we lose our sense of right and wrong? When did parents stop teaching their offspring simple things like "Don't kill people" and "help those in need?"

This is about common decency. How are people able to function with no moral compass? Are people that self-involved that human decency means nothing? Why are people having children if they aren't talking to them? If you are too busy, don't breed. If you can not bother to put yourself second and make their life good, why bother? It is not up to the government, school, church or television to shape children's character, it is up to the parents, no excuses. Just my opinion.   Smiley
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 12:29:09 AM »

... it is up to the parents, no excuses. Just my opinion.

NOT "just an opinion"!  A universal truth.  Sad that only you and I have spoken out on this vital topic.  "Political Correctness" is NOT going to save this nation!
Tom
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 07:24:02 AM »

"Political Correctness" is DESTROYING our nation!
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 08:02:26 AM »

Hi, if you are offended by the behavior on that repeater, PLEASE don't even THINK about listening to 14.313. That "person" in Canada talks filth about Laura Smith and the FCC daily. Industry Canada has attempted to intervene, but it appears they are a toothless tiger.
My late Uncle (and Elmer) W1BNO would be totally disgusted....

ron
N4UE
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »

I agree, Ron.

I've listened to the "Hams" on 14.313 a few times to see what people were talking about, and it's much worse than 147.435.

A lot of the chatter on "435" is juvenile, some of it actually quite funny, but the noise on 14.313 goes WAY beyond anything I've ever heard on 435.

Jim
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 08:38:58 AM »

...Are we so far detached and lacking morals that listening to someone talk like a pig exciting?...
...when did we lose our sense of right and wrong? When did parents stop teaching their offspring simple things like "Don't kill people" and "help those in need?"

This is about common decency. How are people able to function with no moral compass? Are people that self-involved that human decency means nothing? Why are people having children if they aren't talking to them? If you are too busy, don't breed. If you can not bother to put yourself second and make their life good, why bother? It is not up to the government, school, church or television to shape children's character, it is up to the parents, no excuses. Just my opinion.   

In my opinion, it started back in the sixties, but maybe it started back before that.  The rebels and the free love movement.  No more respect for parents and authority--not by everybody, but by a good number of people.  The parents of that age had less and less control over their kids, and that control has been eroding year by year.  Add to that the lawsuits (No, not many, but still done) brought by those kids against their parents--and the courts agreeing with the kids who brought them.

Add to that the increasing time needed by people to maintain their standard of living, and the less time that was able to be spent talking to neighbors and socializing.  Years ago, neighbors looked out for neighbors--compared to today when neighbors sometime never meet!  Add to that the greater communications these days brought by the internet and better phone/visual electronics, the ability to send e-mails and texting so you don't even need to speak to another person, and so on.

Is it any wonder why the politeness and the civility that was almost demanded by face to face communication is largely gone today?  Yes, civilization has advanced, but at the cost of losing the civility that begot civilization in the first place.  Is it worth it?  I don't think so either.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: